How often do you go see a movie?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by xcmiller93x • May 8, 2012.

1. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go at most once a month when my friends decide to catch the latest releases. I myself am not really keen on going to the movies because I just don't see the point of spending that much when you probably could get the DVD in a month or so and watch it repeatedly within the comforts of your own home. Besides the movie tickets being expensive, even the food and drinks that you buy at the theaters are overpriced. A trip to the movies is definitely something that I would avoid as much as I can, but a gathering of friends once in a while is definitely well worth it!

2. darren777

darren777Member

Threads:
    I go pretty often. The theaters close to me run deals on certain days and times where you can see a movie for 5 bucks, otherwise it is usually around 10 which is not so bad but kind of high for a movie.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really like going to the movies because it is so expensive i have direct tv so i just wait for the movies to come out on dvd cause with my cable i get the movies the same day they come out so i watch them at home i rather pay 6 dollars a movie to watch in the comfort in my home than going out to crowded movie theater and pay 20 just to watch one movie plus spending an arm and a leg for the snacks.

4. BrianDouglas

BrianDouglasNew Member

Threads:
    Never anymore. I don't go to movies because the people in them have no respect. They go in crowds instead of groups, they don't turn off their cell phones, they laugh obnoxiously, and over-all the movie going experience in my area is more like a show of how trashy society has become. I watch movies at home now.

5. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    It become very expensive but I love going to the movies. I love watching new movies all the time, so I try to go to movies at least twice a month or more. I often watch them on netflix but if its a good movies then I go see it in theaters.

6. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Since I watch most of my movies online, I must say that I go to the theatre about every other month with a friend who wants to. I have grown to enjoy watching movies on my computer so that is probably my main reason for not going as often.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't gone to the cinema for years. The cinema is quite expensive nowadays and I'm not interested in most of the films shown at commercial cinemas. I would rather download the films I am interested in for free and watch at home.

8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I barely go to the cinemas to watch movies. Actually, it depends on whether I really like to see the film on the big screen or not. Sometimes, I prefer buying DVD copies and just watching them at home. It's more convenient and I could re-watch them anytime. Also, I have other access for watching movies online like Netflix and YouTube. :)

9. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    It has been a year since I watched a movie. It is expensive and I can just catch the movie on DVD or stream online. The one time watch of a movie also makes the cost too much for a very short burst of excitement. Only when I really want to watch a certain movie NOW would I go back to the movie house again.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is not often that I will go and see a movie at all. I stand by the notion that most movies are complete and utter rubbish these days. But others may disagree. Few movies are worth going to see and paying money for, in my opinion. The only movies that I will pay to see are good horror movies and thrillers, as well as spiritual movies. I will not go alone though. I like to socialize and share going to the movies with another person.

11. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I typically only watch movies with friends, it's more of a social experience, and when we all have a movie in common that we are interested in. Typically it is those large budget blockbusters like The Avengers and Avatar/Inception. I'd rather watch lesser known films on Netflix or wait for them to hit cable.

12. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    It depends if if i like the movie so much or I like the genre I would difinitely watch it in cinema. Most of the time I go to theater twice a month but it still depends on the type of movies shown and whom I'm going with.

#72Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  13. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Depends on the movie, really. I think I go about 2 times/year max at the cinema. I mostly watch movies online and only go when a movie that gets me all super excited comes out. Last cinema movie was Hobbit if I remember right, and not the last one xD.