How Often Do You Look For Cheap Recipes?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Denis Hard • May 26, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many people often wonder how they can spend less money on food whilst eating healthy but they actually never try to find cheap recipes that will give them what they want.

Or could it because they don't how to find cheap recipes?

Question: how often do you look for cheap recipes and on which sites do you find them?

2. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I think the proper way to put it is recipes with fewer ingredients as possible but not necessarily cheap. If you are prioritizing your health, you will not skimp on quality ingredients. People are often looking for meals that can be easily prepared and may only contain as much as three to four ingredients. I often see a lot of these recipes fit for someone who's always on the go but still would like to eat healthily. There are recipes like a simple throw of chicken breast, sour cream, chives and butter that can all be cooked in a skillet.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like only free recipes like at bettycrocker.com or pillsbury.com. I always ask for free recipes for whatever you're looking for all the time and just get the recipes for free. Sometimes I like to find recipes on how too and there are a lot of free wonderful recipes without signing up. A librarian taught me to ask the search engines for it and you'll find it with the right words. With the magic word free you'll get a lot of wonderful things and you can check for reviews and comments on new sites or go to norton safe web check too. Enjoy free recipes!

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, I'm one of those people who don't really rely heavily on recipes. I never go off recipes, or if I do, I don't follow them to the letter. I mainly take from them what I can and do a lot of improvising, putting my own stamp on them. I tend to watch TV shows like Come Dine With Me and will steal a few ideas here and there. Or if I want to make something, but don't know how to, I just Google it. I don't have any specific websites that I religiously visit, though.

5. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    If I look for cheap recipes I tend to look on Pinterest, but like @Lushlala@Lushlala said, I tend to improvise with what I have a lot. If it's something specific I'm trying to make though then I might look for the cheapest possible option and use that. Especially if one of the main ingredients is something expensive. Then I want to look at getting the most out of that ingredient rather than ending up wasting any of it.

I also like the website Yummly as it has a lot of great recipes on it, mostly user submitted, and often with pictures so you can see what you're aiming for. You can also tell it if you DONT have an ingredient (or have allergies, like I do!) and it'll find recipes without it too!

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The kitchen is the domain of my husband. He is the master chef in the house and I'm just the food taster most of the time. But he is a wizard when it comes to recipes for I know he is always in the hunt. Incidentally, this morning for breakfast, he whipped up an omelet with corned beef hash and cucumber. He fried the cucumber first in butter before adding the leftover corned beef and of course, the eggs. It was one good breakfast and that I got to know of the ingredients because I commended him for that novelty. So the leftover cucumber was put to good use.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty sure that Youtube has a lot of those cheap and healthy recipes, so that's where people should go since it offers a lot of varied videos. I don't know how to cook though, so I'm stuck with buying food.

8. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of the sites that has a lot of cheap recipes is Living on a Dime, at living on a dime.com. Those recipes are cheap, but most of them are not going to win any awards for health. Veggie cooking is generally cheaper than cooking with meat, and many of those meatless recipes are considerably healthier.