How often do you pee?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by 003 • May 14, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that I've been peeing a lot. I am not feeling anything painful or harmful. I think it's due to my water intake. I drink a lot of water, more than the 8 glasses recommended. I pee every hour or three, after I eat, before I sleep, and after I wake up. But sometimes, it becomes annoying that I have to pee frequently, because there are times that it calls untimely like when I am in the class, when I don't want to miss anything, or when I am in the bus commuting. Probably, the worst that happened to me was when I started to feel like peeing while I was taking an exam and none was allowed to go out of the testing room, whatever reason one had unless you are done and will turn in your exam. The exam was not even on the half yet. It was really difficult and I couldn't concentrate while I was feeling that. I failed the exam. I should not have drunk water weeks before!

2. sully3333

sully3333Member

Threads:
    Peeing a lot is common when you're drinking a lot of water. I really don't think you have any sort of issues. I tend to pee a lot too, but I also drink a hefty amount of water each day.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, it's pretty normal if you're drinking a lot of water.

Also, caffeine and alcohol can make you pee a lot more for a short period of time because they dehydrate you.

I recommend trying to alter WHEN you're drinking if it's starting to become an inconvenience. For example, don't drink that full bottle of water before your next exam because you know you're going to need to pee within the first hour of being in there.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I pee less than 10 times per day, especially if the weather is humid. But if the weather is cold, then I pee quite frequently, usually every 2 to 4 hours.

5. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, my answer was going to be none of your freakin business, lol. But I do have a funny story with it. Not funny ha ha, but a story my family still talks about because it was so strange, and these people so odd. When I was first married, I worked at a place that they were VERY hard, as in VERY tight with their do this here, right now, and do this there right now, and in general, it was a tough job as it was an older married team, a mom and pop store that he said one thing and she said another, so I was just kind of pulled in both directions.

One day hubby had just dropped me off from lunch, and I went to the restroom there. They came out and said I was 2 minutes late starting back because of it, and how often did I have to go to the bathroom and what kind of problems did I have with my kidneys because I also went 2 other times to the bathroom!!!

I thought geeze louise, once in the morning, once at noon and once in the afternoon is too much??!!!! Wow, you people have the problem with your bodies, NOT me, is what I thought. Wow, not to go 3 times a day, they must have had serious problems with their kidney's.

Obviously, they also had other problems, but when you asked the question, this is what I thought of. I am older now, and go more often than that, and I also think it's normal.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I drink a lot of water every day. At least 10-12 glasses, so naturally I have to go to the toilet a lot. Since I have moved to a different country I can even enjoy the water directly from the tap, and that makes a big difference as I used to have to pay for clean water before.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't keep count, but it's a lot because I a lot of water ,coffee and tea.
    I'm addicted to caffeine but caffeine is a diuretic so I make sure that I'm never too far from a bathroom.

8. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Er, I don't actually keep note! Nobody has ever commented on the frequency of my bathroom visits so I expect I'm just average. I've never noticed a time in my life where I went more or less often than I usually do.

9. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    What a funny question... I guess it depend on the day for me. Some days I don't have time to pre for 8 hours straight, other days it might be every couple hours. It depends on how much I drink, which in turn depends on how much time I have to drink.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is it really important to count the number of times you pee in a day? I only count how many glasses of water I consume on a daily basis to ensure I'm hydrated enough under this scorching weather (it's summer here in the tropics, by the way). In my rough estimate, though, I think I pee as often as 8 to 12 times everyday. Not discharging anything regularly will ruin your health.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I never used to drink too much water but in the past recent years I've increased my intake and I have been peeing a bit more frequently because of it. I don't find it too much of an inconvenience but I do try to limit my water intake because of it sometimes especially once I've come to realize that having to drink 8 glasses was mostly just a myth.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't keep count but I know it's not so frequent that it's a concern. I've noticed though, because I do drink 2 mugs of coffee every morning, because coffee is a diuretic, I pee more in the morning. Yet Once I start drinking water, it stabilises. -and I too drink a fair bit of water through the day.

I noticed too that I peed a lot more in the UK, and would even get up in the night for a loo visit. I put this down to cold weather. Because by contrast, ever since I moved to Botswana, a markedly hotter country, I pee a lot less! No more getting up in the middle of the night.

13. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Ask yourself, is frequent urination more annoying than a urinary tract infection? As long as you do not have any sign of health problems (how is the volume? any pain? any discoloration?) In hot weather where you may perspire (sweat) a lot, you need to be sure to drink enough to flush your urinary tract adequately. Kidney stones are painful.