How Often Do You Replace Your Toothbrush?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Colebra • Jan 30, 2016.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Somewhere a long time ago I was taught to replace the toothe brush at least every 3 months and right way after an illness like a cold. I may forget the 3 months but I never forget to replace my toothbrush if I have had a cold. I like to pick up extras for the house so that they are available if we may have a quest.

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I changed mine every few months, i tend to buy the more expensive toothbrush because it does guarantee of a longer period of use compared to the cheap ones.

3. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Once a month, probably. It doesn't look good after a month, usually. It doesn't feel good either. In the past, I used to have an electric toothbrush. It didn't work out for me, eventually.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I steer clear of cheap tooth brushes because I don't think they do a good job of cleaning my teeth and could probably cause more harm than good. I either go for middle of the road or expensive ones too. I've always understood that we're meant to replace them every 6 months, but I prefer to replace mine every 3 months.

5. rickymuus

rickymuusNew Member

Threads:
    Invest in a good toothbrush. You usually get what you pay for. Teeth are vital for a normal lifestyle and you should take care of them. You cannot resuscitate worn out toothbrushes, you would rather go for a new one.

6. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I change mine ever month or two months depending if I remember or not. I do mine more frequently becasue my toothbrush bristles get dyed bright yellow from the tooth powder I use, even though its clean it looks pretty gross after a month so I switch it out. I usually get mine from the dollar tree, however there are a few brands there I had problems with bristles falling out, I usually try to stink to the name brands that are available there.

7. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I have an electronic toothbrush and I replace the brush every six months on average.It makes rapid, automatic bristle motions, either back-and-forth oscillation or rotation-oscillation in order to clean your teeth. Don't waste money on an electric toothbrush that doesn't hold its charge though.

8. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah as I read above that after cold use to change brush, glad to know that its really a good thing. I am also that kind of person but if i haven't caught cold so i use to change my theeth brush after four months.

9. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmyMember

Threads:
    After we brush our teeth it should not end there but instead we should be cleaning our toothbrush too. It is important because toothbrushes can be contaminated with bacteria and micro organisms when we use it in our mouth. We should wash our toothbrush after every use and dry it and cover it and store it where air can circulate to prevent molds. I replace my toothbrush when ever it shows sign that it is not already safe to use. If our toothbrush is not in good condition already it will not clean our teeth and gums properly. I usually buy the expensive one which can last for a long time. And one thing I always take care of my toothbrush very well that is why I can use it for a long time and I do not need to buy it that often.