How Often Do You Rewatch Movies?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Bluestar • Oct 10, 2017.

1. Bluestar

BluestarNew Member

Threads:
    Do you re-watch movies?I do not mean going to the theater.I meant re-watching certain movies again at home. I know most consider it as waste of time.After all there are so many movies that we have not seen.But I think we like watching some of the movies again for different reasons.I often re-watch a movie when I am showing it to another person who has not watched it.I like the feeling that I know what is coming where as the other person does not.Jurassic Park movie falls under this category.Some movies,I re-watch as I have the feeling I missed some points the first time.The third reason is I enjoy watching movies again...and again because I like them. Cujo,
    The Birds,Kramer vs Kramer,Jaws,Titanic,Gravity,Jungle Book,Twister,The sound of music--well too many to name.How often do you re-watch movies?

#1Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer not to re-watch movies especially when I'm alone. But like you said, I love it when I'm showing it to another person who is just seeing it for the first time. I love the feeling when I know what's going to happen next. Other than that, I prefer to watch latest movies, there's like a lot out there.

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I re-watch movies that make me feel good inside. Movies that make me feel happy and hopeful about the world and movies that represent my life. I envision myself in those movies and sometimes, your mind creates scenarios about the same situation you wish you were in but with movies, you can actually see how life would be like in certain scenarios. Basically movies that impact my emotions because they always do when I watch them again.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    @Bluestar@Bluestar I remember Cujo-based on the Stephen King novel about a big lovable St. Bernard dog that gets bit chasing a rabbit by a rabid bat-and I think I still have this on VHS. I used to just watch it for the scenery I think back in the day-but poor Cujo! I like to watch some movies over and over again because it kind of takes me back in time ,and sometimes the movies calm you down and are sort of like a meditation as well, when you watch them again and again. I have watched the Birds a few times as well-and enjoy watching Suzanne Pleshette in this Alfred Hitchcock movie.

#4Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  5. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    I don't exactly rewatch movies "intentionally" even if I love them. Maybe I'm just too lazy but really, I can't find the reason why people do them all the time.

6. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    It depends on my mood generally. There are certain movies that I like so much that I can't really get enough of watching them over and over again. These include Fast n Furious series, my favourite Captain Jack Sparrow and some inspirational movies like Pursuit of Happyness and Forest Gump. I have watched all these movies like about more than 5 times each. I just love reviving those old memories and emotions attached with these movies.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I am one of those people who can rewatch a movie 10 or more times if I really like them especially ones that my toddler likes if she rewatchs them I rewatch them with her. There are some movies that really relax me so I tend to watch them over and over again. I dont't consider that to be a waste of time since I do enjoy them and I watch them many times when I do organization chores.

8. Rock1987

Rock1987Member

Threads:
    I tend to watch my favorite movies again and again. Some movies have become classics to me and rewatching them gives me immense pleasure. I love to rewatch movies like Back to the Future Trilogy, Home Alone series, Star Wars, Scarface, Carlito's way, The Godfather etc. Nowadays due to my busy office schedule, I rewatch my movies only on weekends.

9. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I only re-watch movies when there are no new ones to watch and am bored. It somehow keep me busy.

10. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do this a lot. I always watch movies that I like over and over again. My favourite movies are Titanic, Frozen (Disney Animated), Pirates of the Caribbean, Confessions of a Shopaholic. I must have seen each movie over 50 times:)

11. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    I usually rewatch movies whenever I feel so, or worst if there's no internet connection in the house. I will watch those downloaded movies on my desktop which I have watched a couple of times already. Also, if I wanted my husband to watch such movies which I like and I wanted to share the best of it with my husband.

12. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Ooh yes I do watch my favourite movies over and over. It's like a comfort thing for me and I really enjoy it. One of my favourites is the Shawshank Redemption and I still cry at the sad parts. If I want to watch something light hearted it is usually a romantic comedy like The Holiday. Just give me a pile of sandwiches and several cups of tea .. bliss.

13. pmk1996

pmk1996New Member

Threads:
    I only rewatch movies when I don't have time to buy new movies or when some aren't so interesting. A few months ago I kept watching Game Of Thrones over and over again because I couldn't find any other movie or series more interesting. I have moved on past that but still, if a movie is good and there is much to learn from it, I would rather rewatch it than buy a new one.

14. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I only rewatch movies when I have no movies to watch left or when I have lots of free time for a movie time.

15. catherineJ

catherineJMember

Threads:
    When I cannot find any new interesting films, I will rewatch some classic films. But it rarely happens, haha

16. Michae1

Michae1New Member

Threads:
    Movies are make believe, so no.

17. returnsregexp

returnsregexpNew Member

Threads:
    There are several movies I re-watch once or twice a year. Sin City (first part), Scarface, Inception and some others ;)

18. avaleycoupons

avaleycouponsNew Member

Threads:
    I really do rewatch movies that catch my fancy...I dont go to theater often but have my goto movie app, Netflix