How Often Do You Shave?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by remnant • Nov 5, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I used to let my hair grow but I find it discomfiting because of appearance of grey strands. Thus, I shave it after about 2 weeks when these begin to appear. Short hair is easy to maintain and does not harbour disease causing parasites. Do you keep your hair short?

2. Sandy Mayfield

Sandy MayfieldMember

Threads:
    Disease causing parasites? What hair are you talking about?
    If you're talking about legs, I shave when I have stubble. 1 maybe 2 times a week.
    If you're talking about pits, every other day.
    If you're talking about the hair on your scalp...I don't. I might trim a couple inches off a year but I keep it down to my butt.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    If you have facial hair in your mind then I shave every morning before going to my work and if I have to attend a party or going out for a dinner then I have another quick one to look fresh. I like clean shaven look and my also thinks I look better without facial hair. By the way, my favorite hair style is crew cut.

4. AlexZ

AlexZMember

Threads:
    Depends on where I'm working.
    In many 'better' or more traditional restaurants, staff are expected to show up without stubble. Having a fairly slow beard growth, that means shaving every other day, every third day at the latest for me. Daily if I'm on buffet duty or working in an open kitchen.
    At the joint I'm working at right now, we go for a more 'Punk Rock', relaxed atmosphere, so I can get away with shaving once or twice a week.
    Much longer, and it starts to annoy me...

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Sounds fine but in our country the restaurant staff is supposed to shave every day and twice if his growth demands so. As far kitchen staff is concerned they must have no visible facial hair and with a cap on during the entire length of time while inside kitchen. But the recent trend of growing a light beard is increasing in our youth.