How often do you shop for new clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by AB91000 • Apr 17, 2014.

1. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    I order to keep my wardrobe up to date.

I try to buy a new outfit every other week. Nothing too expensive. Just a normal outfit that i would wear casual. I find that this method curves my appetite to shop. Instead of shopping all the time, waiting a week gives me something to look forward to.

By staying faithful to this rule, i save a lot of money too. The fact that i have to wait a week, means that i miss a lot of sales that i would normally indulge in. That save me money.

How often do you shop?

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    That's a decent balance. When I worked, I went shopping once a month. Sometimes I would pick up an outfit or accessory in between but I try to not make it a habit. Now that I work at home, it's very easy to get comfy but I try to keep up on everything and catch the sales when I can:cool:

3. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I like your idea. I usually buy something every 2-3 months? It may just be one top, or a top and a pair of pants. Sometimes I will go 3 or 4 months without buying anything new and then I will get 4 or 5 items for the season. When I do buy, I make sure that it's a great deal or that it's really high quality and will last a long time. I hate spending money on clothing lol. It is fun to shop, though :)

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The beauty of living in a small town is that you don't get tempted often to indulge in impulse shopping. When I need to do some 'real' shopping, I have to drive 100 miles to the nearest 'biggish' town. As it costs quite a bit in gas, I only travel there every 3 or 4 months.

That's when I buy new clothes [if I must].

5. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! I hope I can soon afford to shop that often. The last time I went clothes shopping was last April!!! I love clothes but just can't afford new stuff at the moment. :(