How often do you upgrade your computer?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by bryce12 • Jun 21, 2012.

1. zuluguy

zuluguyNew Member

Threads:
    I get a new one when I can afford it and after mine has become slow and worn, I always seem to lose keyboard buttons for some reason so i try to get a new laptop when ever it is really NEEDED.

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't upgraded my computer since I purchased it and that was almost ten-years ago now. My computer is ridiculously slow, as you can imagine, I really need to buy a new computer but I have other priorities at the moment.

3. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    In all honesty i would have to say that i only upgrade when i have to. I try to use my computer as long as i possibly can and get the maximum usage out of it. If i feel that it is now lagging and not able to function as it used to the i decide to let it go.

4. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Usually, I upgrade every 2-3 years. Around that time is when my computer slows down. About a year ago, I made the upgrade from my laptop to desktop since it was getting slow. I built the desktop myself, and it was really fun. I know will keep building my computers since the money you save is a lot compared to buying built PC's. It's also a great learning experience for those who did not build a computer yet.

5. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I upgrade my computer when it finally gives out. It is fairly easy to notice when your computer has reached its breaking point. I am one of those people who wait until there is a big problem that cannot be worked around, before I actually get rid of my computer. Although laptops are kind of inexpensive, so replacing one is fairly easy. Computers on the other hand are still priced about the same.

6. Mustnabs

MustnabsNew Member

Threads:
    I had a laptop for 6 years before I decided to upgrade. I still have that laptop and it works perfectly. Just a few months ago I decided to upgrade to a performance desktop. The laptop I have stored for memories. It was my first ever computer.

7. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    Someone gave me a laptop, and I have gotten and bought accessories to improve its performance. Of course, it already set to automatically install updates on the operating system, which is a Microsoft Vista Home Basic. It's working better now since I have been doing all of that. That laptop will have to do until I can afford a new one.

8. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    I rarely upgrade my computer and if doing so I must be having lots of unbudgeted money. But mostly am used to upgrading my PC’s main platform such (MOBO/CPU/RAM) typically within 2 to 3 years while I do the same to the GPU after each 12 months. Other stuff like the storage units I upgrade them on the always as per the required basis. I as well sometimes upgrade my systems whenever I notice some impulsive slowness in the operation of my systems.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess every time I upgraded were times when my previous computer/laptop started having irreparable issues. I stayed with my first one (a Toshiba) for around 3 years. That was already used by my dad before me, though.
    My second was HP, and boy did that thing have problems! The cooler always had problems, the wireless was crap and the battery got bad pretty fast. I only got a new one cause I got it as a gift from my aunt, a Dell.
    That was my baby for a while, had virtually no problems and was really good. Unfortunately it got irreparable damage in a flight and I got my current one - an ASUS. I love this little guy. It's smaller, touchscreen and I bring it everywhere with me. It's pretty durable, and I love the Windows 8.

10. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't upgraded my computer for 8 years. I have a Macbook, which I purchased it from one of my friends since he gave me a discount price. I don't usually buy a new computer unless my old one dies. I think my computer does last for a long time considering it's been 8 years I haven't upgraded my computer.

11. BlackMage

BlackMageNew Member

Threads:
    Whenever I upgrade my computer, I try to pick the parts that will last me the longest, even if it means that I'll have to spend more. I prefer to buy parts from trusted companies and I take my time surfing the web for reviews of each part I'm about to buy. That's why most of the computers I've built last at least 5 years with no problems at all. The computer I'm using right now is 6 years old, and it's still working well.

12. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I recently got an upgrade (read: bought a new computer) a couple of months ago. I don't really want to upgrade my computer until I absolutely need to, so I can really get the most of my money. I bought my computer for college because I can't take a desktop to college, so I got a laptop.

13. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! I guess I am way behind the times. I have had my desktop for 9 years, and I use it daily. It still works, but I have noticed that it seems slower. After reading this post, I guess I know why. I guess I should upgrade my technology.

14. sbg101

sbg101New Member

Threads:
    My current computer was built for me about 4 1/2 years ago. I did my best at that time to get a fast enough processor and enough RAM to last as long as possible. Still holding up pretty well, although a faster processor is *always* welcome :cool:. Before upgrading my computer, I'll probably try to replace my smaller twin monitors with a single large one.

15. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I don't use my PC for much except accessing the net and maybe playing a few old games [which it can handle quite well] I don't see any reason why I should. But if the software they make get to be more resource-intensive with each new release, then I bet once we get to that threshold I'll have to either buy a new computer or have someone to stuff a more powerful processor on my old machine.

16. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    As I'm a PC lover and I have some extra disposable income, I upgrade a lot. It's a passion for me, so building a new machine is vital!