How often do you use your tablet?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Thejamal • Jun 15, 2014.

1. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I've had my Asus tablet for about 6 months now and find I only really use it for my kindle reader. I guess I just prefer to surf on the internet on my laptop and don't really see the need to do so on the tablet. Also, apps are something I do rarely and only when I'm out somewhere and have 10-15 minutes of time to pass.

Have you gotten good use out of your tablet? If so, what do you mostly do with it?

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a tablet but I do have a Phablet. I think it's very similar to a tablet, only it's a bit smaller (it's 5.5 inches) than a small tablet. How often do I use it? I use it from the moment I wake up, up to the time when I sleep. Why do I say that? Because I use my phablet to tether my internet data connection to my other devices (laptop and mobile phone). Aside from tethering, I also use it to browse the net when I'm on the go and also for watching movies and videos and playing games and checking the weather and taking down notes. So, when I'm awake, it doesn't get enough rest. It only rests when I sleep. :)

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use my tablet much like I used to. It's kind of a shame but I don't really need it on a daily basis because I no longer do as many paid videos so do not have as much resource suckers. I do try take it with me when I go out in case I want to play with my dragon or there is free wifi.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also bought a tablet about 6 months ago and rarely use it. Usually I only switch it on is when I want to read an e-book. Also I find it quite convenient when I go camping or on other short trips where I don't want to bring along my laptop. But, admittedly, most of the time it is just sitting on my book shelf at home. Luckily it was a bargain, and I don't have a bad conscience spending money on it.

5. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    I use my Nexus 7 everyday. It eliminates 98ish% of the reasons to use my laptop.

It's just easier to get from place to place and more than powerful enough for most of what I do.

6. samoosh

samooshNew Member

Threads:
    I have a Kindle Fire but I've found that the apps on the Amazon app store aren't that great, so I only end up using it for reading or looking something up quickly. Most of the time I just forget to charge it though. Would probably use more if I did.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I use my tablet mostly when I am in school or when I am on my way to wherever I would be going commuting utilizing the free time by reading or studying some of my notes. When I am in school, I find it more convenient to bring than my laptop because first, it's handier and more convenient to use. Accessing all my study materials is easier there, while the destruction is also less. I also use it when I am in the class for taking down notes of important details and for taking pictures of whiteboard notes and recording lectures. I use it whenever I need a quick information on the internet. I use it both for entertainment and for attending to my responsibilities. So, I think I use it pretty often. Even when I am using my laptop, I still use it. In fact it's my most used gadget!

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I use mine everyday and I use it a lot more than my laptop now. I used to browse and reply on forums with my laptop because I never thought if ever get used to touchscreen keyboards but I am using one right now with not much trouble at all. Autocorrect is a bit of a pain, but it's more helpful than disruptive, plus, I get to witch between games and work a lot easier with my tablet.