How Often Do You Visit Your Salon?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by gracer • Jan 14, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I just cut my hair myself. I can't afford to go to the salon, with it costing the equivalent of almost $100 here just for a trim up the last time I went. I can't warrant spending that sort of money on something when I can do it myself. So I learned to do it myself from videos and now that's the way I always do it. I'll also cut family members' hair if they'll let me although many still prefer to go to the salon!

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, cutting your own bangs can be time-efficient, practical and cost-efficient. I mean, would you even go to a salon just to have your bangs cut and then they would make you pay the same as for a full-length haircut? I even think that trims should at least be lower in price than drastic hair cuts. Oh well, a business is a business, after all, that's where they derive profit from.

The only downside of such tutorials I've found is they focus on long hair. I have short hair myself, a bob haircut. And I struggle to find actual tutorials on how to cut it myself.

3. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    I have not been to a salon in years. My hair is currently long and all one length and that's how I like it. From time to time my son's girlfriend will trim my ends for me, but I simply will not pay to have my hair cut or styled. I color it myself, so as long as I can be satisfied with my hair without paying a fortune I will continue to do it.

4. Cilivren

CilivrenMember

Threads:
    I don't visit the salon often, maximum three times a year when my hair and bangs grow too long. I only visit the salon to get my hair cut because I color my hair on my own. I have been visiting the same salon for the last two years, the hairdresser that I go to knows exactly what hairstyle will suit me!

5. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't had my hair done in about 10 years. I have curly hair and not everyone knows how to do it. I used to go get my ends cut and end up losing half my hair. Inexperienced people cut it wet, and don't take account of the shrinkage. Last time I trusted someone to give me a "hairstyle" I wanted to try curly bangs, but again they cut them too short and I couldn't stop crying I was ashamed of going to school with them.

I cut my ends myself now. It's no big deal if they don't end up perfect, my curls are never perfect anyways.