How To Be Rent A Mortgage Free

Discussion in Mortgage & House Payments started by butterfly1 • May 10, 2015.

1. butterfly1

butterfly1Member

Threads:
    I read this book a few years back about how to be rent and mortgage free. And, it was eye opening. Basically, the book talked about becoming a general contractor for your own home, purchasing the supplies a phase at a time, and getting in done in your time and in your way. It was very eye-opening to me because the author built and owned 3 homes. The idea of not having a mortgage is beyond freeing. What do you all think of the idea of being rent and mortgage free. This book made me feel like it was possible.

2. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    It's long been a dream of mine to be mortgage free but it seems an impossible mountain to climb. My mortgage won't be paid off until i am 65 which is a depressing thought, hopefully i will be able to make over payments in the future to reduce the term of the mortgage.

I know someone of a similar age to me who is mortgage free but he did it by working 18 hours a day, i suppose it depends what your priorities are, i would rather have a life and a mortgage rather than spending my whole time at work, the benefit is not worth the sacrifice in my opinion.

3. butterfly1

butterfly1Member

Threads:
    This dream of mine is strong and well. Since I am married we plan to work together to make this dream happen. His income will go to the bills and most of mine will go into savings for about 2.5 years by the end of that time we will have the cash that we need to get what we want. I can imagine having that load off of our backs. Anything is possible with determination and a strategy.