How to buy a good gift

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Mikered25 • Sep 16, 2012.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buying a good gift is not easy, it needs to be original but it also needs to be useful. There's no point in buying an original gift which will not be used. Fortunately, the people I give gifts to (my girlfriend and my mum) are not overly bothered about what I actually give them, they say 'it's the thought that counts'.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think a good gift is something the recipient needs or wants. You have to listen and pay attention to them. If someone says "I'd love a Ninja blender." every time they see the commercial, then buy them a Ninja blender. If someone frying pan is burnt and you see that they have to scrape the food off, buy them a new nonstick frying pan. Pay attention to things they say or obvious needs in their life.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Another way to get someone a great gift is by taking a look at their wish list if they are into that kind of thing. Most people who shop on sites like Amazon add products they intend to buy in future on their wish lists. Ask those who you intend to buy gifts for to share their wish lists with you and you'll know what to get them.

4. Shruti05

Shruti05New Member

Threads:
    I think before giving gift to anyone, You need to think about the personality of the person and if you accordingly plan to give gift to the person it will be more appreciated by the receiver. Some personalized thing can be done on the gift so that you can show your feelings more clearly and it will have long lasting impression on the receiver.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good gifts are those that the person receiving the gift will like and enjoy, not what you want them to have. This is something a lot of people don't seem to understand, lol. They want to buy what they want the other person to have or something that they would like. Roses might seem boring to you, but if the person receiving them loves roses, or roses are her favorite flower, they aren't boring to her. Know what I mean? It really depends on the recipient and what she likes. If you really want to do something different, you might try one stem instead of a bouquet and then get a different gift entirely. One long stemmed rose plus something to unwrap might be nice.

6. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I think that in order to buy a good gift for a person, you need to know the preferences and things that the person likes. If it is for someone that you are close to, it should not be hard to do. When I buy gifts for a family member, I think about the person's personality and also what they like and based on that, I make a choice. For example, I have an aunt who really loves making jewelry. For a recent gift, I went to one of the biggest bead markets in my country and bought her some of the top quality glass beads and brass beads. She was ecstatic about this and very grateful. For her, this was a really great gift to buy and I had put a lot of thought into it.