How to buy refurbished products

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jessi • May 19, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    This is an excellent resource for how to buy refurbished products for much cheaper prices than buying new:

It can be risky to buy refurbished, but if you know what you're doing, it's worth it!

2. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I have always liked the idea of buying refurbished, but in my own experience a lot of what I buy refurbished doesn't work as well as the 'real deal'.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have actually had pretty good luck with refurbished products. Maybe I have just been lucky so far. There is some good advice on jessi's link above that will help you from getting a bad deal. It can save you quite a bit of money, especially with electronics.

4. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I only get refurbished items from the original manufaturer. I won't get them from stores.

5. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks, Jessi, I will check out the link. For the most part we have had good luck with refurbished products, but we haven't bought them that often. I do always check the warranty.

6. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    If you are good at choosing the right refurbished products, you could save a lot of bucks. I suggest that you must first determine what you really want from a product and focus on it. Do not get distracted by the looks but always focus on how the item will work for you. You should always look for good conditioned products.

7. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought any refurbished products so far. The closest I have got is buying second-hand clothes. This is where I can get quality clothes at a fraction of the original prices. Some need a little bit of re-furbishing which I do by myself.

8. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought a refurbished product and it was a TV set and it worked really well and lasted a long time, as a matter of fact, longer than I imagined it would. So buying refurbished is not a bad thing, it's according to what you buy.

9. slamoutte

slamoutteNew Member

Threads:
    We are always looking for a great deal on electronics, but you should be careful when you buy a refurbished product. Sometimes there are problems with them this is why I tend to only purchase refurbished products from larger companies. These products are like brand new in many ways but not all of them come with a warranty so if something goes wrong you will have to pay to get them fixed and this can be costly.

I bought my refurbished Dell Inspirion labtop directly from Dell and a refurbished iPod from Apple. When you buy from a solid company your better off because if you have any issues with the product they will back their own products.

10. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    I stick to established, well known companies to buy refurbished products from. I try to get them directly from the manufacturer because they will guarantee their products. If not the manufacturer, I go to a store that I know sells quality products.

11. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    If the refurbished product comes with a guarantee and returns option, and is being sold by a reputed seller, I'd most certainly not hesitate to buy my electronic items at discounted prices. High definition televisions are expensive when purchased new, and so are high-spec laptops. For both, I usually settle for refurbished versions. Not been disappointed thus far.:)