How To Cut Down On Expenses While Travelling

Discussion in Travel started by crisanta • Oct 29, 2017.

1. crisanta

crisantaNew Member

Threads:
    I really love to travel. It helps me refresh my mind. The only problem with travelling is, it can cost a lot of money, from transportation up to the hotel you will be staying at.

To cut down on expenses, I usually just travel using my own car. This way, I have total control over my transportation expenses. Commuting can be more expensive if you think about it. When you drive your own car, at the very least, you just have to buy gas and you are in charge in how you are supposed to spend it.

Some people prefer to bring their own food when travelling, but as for me I buy my food in the city or country that I visit. That I can get a feel of what the culture is like there..

Instead of saving food money, I tend to go for cheap hotel rooms. Considering how vast the internet has become, there are many websites that can help you look for cheap hotels.

Aside from what was mentioned, could you suggest more ways to save money while travelling?

2. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    From my house to my place of work is only a few kilometers away. I also stay near a town so I don't need to travel for long to make my daily purchases. I own a mountain bike which takes me to my workplace in the morning and takes me back home in the evening. I don't spend any money on transport. When I have to go on a long journey, that is the time I use public means of transport (car) and pay a little. Apart from being very chap, bicycles are also more environmental- friendly and make the body physically fit.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    One thing that I always like to do is get away from the rides that are more searchers because they are usually the most expensive ones. But in this case, I have a greater advantage because I love knowing what is hidden in the cities.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    It helps to save the money on the travelling through the discounted air fares. And also it can be helpful to make use of the travel discounts in due time. I have seen that while travelling it can be obvious that there are some of the prices that may go up and down in due time. So we just have to find out cheaper means of the travel. I am sure you can find out better pricing this way in due time as well.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You can't take home cooked food while traveling to other countries anyways apart from what you eat while waiting at the airport so that part on saving is out of the list. Cheap hotels... yes that is one way of saving but have you tried PAYING GUEST or private rooms? Paying guest facility is one of the best ways of knowing local culture at cheaper price besides living in homely and safer atmosphere especially if you're traveling alone.
    I suggest use hired bikes for nearby site-seeing which gives you an ample opportunity at almost no cost. However, check the area with local sources for safety and how able bodied you are.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We often travel abroad only on discounted plane tickets. There are travel expos here from time to time that's why we are always on the lookout. When abroad, we make a research on the transportation by bus or train instead of taxi or hotel car. With the food, we make sure of the volume before ordering, just the amount that we can eat. It's not good to have leftover.

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I would look for discounted tickets and lodging. Nonetheless, I wouldn't insist on the cheapest food. I think that limits the freedom of the trip. Instead, I like to eat whatever I want. I mean, people need to live a little, right?

8. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Keep sharing the stuff with such interest.

Curious to know