How to gain more Air Miles?

Discussion in Credit Cards started by BarelyHangingOn • Aug 17, 2012.

1. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I wasn't sure where to post this but does anybody have any tips on how to maximize air miles points?

For example, I have an American Express Air Miles card but recently found out you can also use your regular Air Miles card at time of purchase and double dip so to speak.

I would love to hear other tips for gaining points.

2. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I often fill out surveys to earn air miles. I don't know if you are from Canada, but TNS My Survey will pay you in air miles. I believe Web Perspectives also offers air miles. The nice part of earning miles this way, is it isn't costing you any money to earn them. Also, I usually try to shop at Metro when they have really good sales and miles deals.

3. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    To maximize any miles or point giving card, use it to pay your normal weekly expenses as much as you can. The key is to immediately pay that money on the card so you don't pay interest on your consumable purchases. Use that card to buy your groceries, pay the electric bill - anything you might normally use cash for.

4. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    1) Use your card for all purchases.
    2) Double dip when possible.
    3) Get your airmiles card upgraded to gold by purchasing from a certain number of participating retailers.
    4) Use the coupons that air miles sends you to get extra points.