How to get rid off Dark Circles?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by avihabibi • Mar 29, 2013.

1. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    Hi guys. I am back again with this thread. As the title says, how can I get rid of my dark circles? I am sure there are some home made remedies or even some products that you use. If you have seen any results with the methods you use, please share with me. It will be much appreciated. Thanks

2. illusen

illusenNew Member

Threads:
    I sometimes get dark circles under my eyes when I'm stressed/don't get enough rest.

The obvious suggestion would be try to relax and get on a good sleeping schedule, but I am sure that is easier said than done and that might not even be the issue for you.

Try keeping the skin under your eyes well hydrated and make sure you yourself are always well hydrated. Sometimes when we are stressed/tired we tend to forget to take care of ourselves.

To reduce the swelling, you can apply ice cubes on the area. Wrap them up in a cloth or something to make it comfortable otherwise keeping them on the area for 10minutes might become painful. I do this on the morning I notice my face looking particularly bad due to the dark circles and it helps somewhat. I've seen and heard of people putting cucumber slices over their eye area for this issue and have tried it myself but it didn't seem to do much. I did it for about a week, daily. Maybe you will have more luck with it? It's worth a try I guess. Just keep them on your eyes while you listen to 2 songs on the radio or your iPod and you should be done for the day.

The fastest but saddest way to "get rid" of the dark circles is using concealer:( If nothing else works and if you are comfortable wearing it on a day to day basis, you could try that. If you find one that matches your skin tone and apply it properly nobody will ever know it's there.

3. Parattiver

ParattiverNew Member

Threads:
    You can simply put some skin color powder - might help.

4. sjohnst77

sjohnst77New Member

Threads:
    This is a really good article from RealSimple magazine that gives you a bunch of ways to

, thankfully I don't have that issue but I know a bunch of people that do.

5. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Getting enough sleep will help you get rid of those dark circles. I also put some ice and even leave cucumber to cool that area down. But definitely, the right amount of sleep will give you the difference.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    One of my girlfriends just posted this method on facebook: chop and crush a sprig of mint leaves. Apply them under your eyes and leave for twenty minutes and then rinse. Do this twice a week.

7. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer natural remedies. This is what I use and it does help. Wet tea bags sounds weird but it does help the dark circles. Also try using an eye mask at bedtime. The kind that has water on the inside. Run the mask under warm water and pat it dry and leave on at bedtime. You will be amazed at how refreshed your eyes actually feel. And as some other people have already stated. Proper sleep at night is so important. You should try to get at least 8 hours of sleep.

For a store bought solution. Some of my friends have had luck with Olay Reginerish under eye cream.

8. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    In some cases, dark circles are hereditary which means they can not be removed. There are some creams over the counter that you can purchased to reduce the appearance of but not remove. The brand Olay has several great products that could help you with this issue. I have had dark circles for years, and I use a cream every night; it helps a lot, and one doesn't always have to resort to utilizing make up. Your diet can also have affect on how dark your circles are; if you do not get sufficient amount of rest then more then likely the circles will darken. Moreover, increase your water intake; many would say four to six glasses a day but three or four is reasonable. Good luck, and if you follow this then I'm sure you will see results within a month.

9. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    I have tried using cold spoons method. Just started it btw. I will definitely try your method. Thanks

10. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    Recently I purchased Nivea Eye Roll-On. It says it helps to get rid of dark circles, eye bags and that puffy eye looks. As far as diet goes, I am a Personal Trainer. So yeah I take care of what I eat and most importantly when to eat. I don't smoke neither do I drink. I will definitely have a look around and see what others have to say. Thanks for the suggestion.

11. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    Just like that? I mean it won't be thick? Do I need to add a bit of water or lemon juice?

12. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    Sleep? I started using Melatonin. I guess I really have to focus on this part. You know what is the problem going on? I feel sleepy and I wanna crash on the bed. But when I do lay on the bed, I can't sleep. Even if I do manage to sleep, it won't be a goodnight sleep lol. When I wake up I really remember everything. In fact I am sleeping as if I am still awake. You know what that means? I guess its insomnia. I know its a mild one though (fingers crossed)

13. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    Hahahahaha. I have already read that article few weeks ago. I appreciate your help. Thanks.......

14. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    Speeking of hydration, I drink a gallon of water everyday. I am an amateur bodybuilder and been doing it since 3 years. My diet is good too. I think its the sleeping part that is messed up. Its always a hard time for me to get 8 hours sleep. Somebody told me that if u manage to wake up by an alarm clock, then u r sleep deprived lol.

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, if dark circles are not hereditary for your then lifestyle factors will certainly play a role. Stress, alcohol, smoking, poor diet, poor sleep etc will all contribute to the dark circles under your eyes.

You don't need to drink a gallon of water a day unless you are sweating a lot. Drink when you feel thirst.

16. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I usually add a slice of cucumber and crush it with mint and put it around my eyes for ten minutes. It is refreshing. A slice of potato placed on your eye works as well.