How To Get Rust Stains Out Of Dishes

Discussion in Home & Garden started by purplepen88 • Oct 24, 2015.

1. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    My old dishwasher had some plastic missing on the bottom rack as a result the rust from the rack has transferred to my Denby dishes where they sat in the dishwasher. Does anyone know of an easy safe way to get the rust stains off my plates and bowls? I really don't want to have to scrub each plate by hand, but I will if I have to. Looking for a quick way to solve this.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Put your dishes in a pail of warm water and bleach and let them sit for a few hours or overnight. You may need to do this step a few times to get all of the rust out of the dishes. Good luck.

3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I second Pat's suggestion because it really works like a charm without scrubbing, just make sure water is warm, to avoid harmful fumes.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was just looking at getting rust stains out of counter tops. I didn't have all the things they suggested...but a little hydrogen peroixide and some scrubbing helped quite a bit. I will have to do better though, because I want them completely gone!

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, bleach or muriatic acid does it. They can get rid of rust and stubborrn stains in minutes, especially muriatic acid.