How To Make Your Phone Batteries Last Longer?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by remnant • Jul 11, 2017.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I use a feature phone which does not consume much in terms of power
    but touchscreen phones perform poorly in this regard. Either the
    battery does not last or it has a low battery life after charging.
    Are there ways to go around this?

2. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, You can go for phone which have better battery so that you it can last for long. I am having phone with 4000mah battery and it can last really long.

But still just adjust brightness manually (don't put at auto mode) and keep it at low. This can save good battery.
    If you are not using 4g connection (I mean using wifi or something for internet) then we can switch off the 4G to save battery.
    Use applications kind of Greenify which hibernate the application and stop their background process. Don't hibernate apps like whatsapp and facebook, otherwise you will not have notification until you open them again. By restricting back ground process of all app can really save battery lot.

Even if problem is still on, then just keep power bank with you so that you can portable charge it.

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think there are ways on saving batteries on smartphones. There are some app that says they help but let's face it the Android phone batterie last only for one-two days if you are lucky. I think that the best way to save our phone batterie is not using the Internet, especially the Facebook who eats your batteries faster than any other sites on the Internet!

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    My phones battery rarely lasts a complete day as I use it almost all day. What I do to not be constantly charging it throughout the day is decrease the shine and turn of the wifi, data, and bluetooth options, this actually gives my phone like 3 hours more of life. Other than that I don't really know of other ways to make the battery last longer.

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    My phone also lasts only 12 hours on standby when the browser is open even if I'm not browsing. I slept for the most part of those 12 hours, so you know the phone is still getting drained even in standby mode. I won't really bother lookiing to conserve the battery of Android phones. If I want a long-lasting phone performance, I would just use a non-touch screen phone like Nokia Asha. Some phones still consume a lot of power when you just listen to music. Nokia Asha doesn't seem to consume that much power.

6. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I read somewhere that whenever you charge your battery, charge it till 90% and then disconnect the charger. And don't let the battery reach the critically low stage. You can fully charge the battery once in 15 days. We sometimes leave the battery overnight for charging. This causes the battery to loose its power. Never do that. All these steps will make your battery last longer.

7. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    Smartphones take a lot of battery life because of the background apps they are using. Try to turn off as much of these as you can, and lower the brightness. Also, try using Wi-fi instead of cellular data whenever you can since cellular data drains a lot of battery.

8. Merissa

MerissaNew Member

Threads:
    @remnant@remnant there are ways to increase the battery life of touch screen phones. One way is to reduce the brightness of your phone, most of the charge goes down because too much high resolution is being utilized. Another way is to turn off your phone when not in use, you can do this if you are going to bed or if you are not expecting any calls from people. Some touch screen phones also have a battery life saver, you should turn this feature on to save your battery life. Close all phone apps when you are done using it, like completely close it off properly because phone charge runs on it and try to limit the amount of time you use your phone if it's not necessary.Also ensure that your phone has enough charge at least 95% to last the day. These methods can also enable touch screens to function longer if you keep doing these methods. Hope this helps:).

9. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    These are a few ways to make your batter last longer. Always ensure you charge your phone once it gets to 10% usage. Don't wait until its drained. Look out for the notice on your phone that let's you know when your battery is fully charged. It will tell you to remove the charger. Never leave your phone charging overnight. Ensure to always use the phone's original packaged charge. Using other chargers drains out your battery life. Turn on battery saver option on your phone if your battery is on 20% usage.

Lastly, have a spare battery at home in case of an emergency.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My smart phone is a Samsung SIII which I use for internet purposes only. When I am done with the internet, I shut off the phone so the battery will not be drained uselessly. One full charge of the battery can last for a maximum of 2 hours (of my use, take note that most of my internet use makes me type). I have noticed that the virtual keyboard eats a lot of battery. Like what @wallet@wallet said, there is no way you can conserve the battery of a smartphone. The most you can do is to download an app that will shutdown applications that are not in use.

11. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well it depends a lot on which phone you're using if it's low end then the battery will last for a while, as for high end phones you'll need to terminate a few features that you don't use.

12. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    You can let the battery drop to the last percent. And then recharge that sort of charge discharge cycle is really good for the battery. You can see that this applies to both phone and laptop. In case of laptop you'd find that thing can be slightly different. You may have to see if the proper discharge happens. In some cases phone may not discharge quickly if not kept in data mode.

13. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I have my LG smartphone since 2015 and the battery is still amazing. I only have a few apps in it and always clear them when not in use. Also I clear the RAM regularly as well as the cache. I also keep my phone's brightness at 15-20% since I don't like it bright (as it will trigger my migraine) and to help save power as well. I turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, Mobile Date when not in use and I don't use it as a gaming device :)

14. Russell Chambers

Russell ChambersNew Member

Threads:
    I have my phone fall to sleep in 5 minutes just in case i am not using it within that time and then include a battery saving app and make sure to close out all apps when your done using your phone and making sure to keep your brightness low or on automatic.

15. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think there is a way to save battery on a smartphone. It's either you get a phone with a stronger battery or you can bring a powerbank which will provide a ton of juice for your phone. I have been having the same problem with my phone so I just bought a powerbank which can keep my phone charged while I'm outdoors.

16. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an iPhone 7 Plus, and the battery on that seems to last really well, and I only need to charge it every few days, although I always charge it when it gets below 90%.
    I am concerned that a surprise tornado might come through and take out the electrical grid here, and then I would not be able to charge the phone ; so each day I make sure that all of my electronic devices like the phone and ipad are charged fully just in case something unexpected happens.
    When I am not using the phone, I always shut it off, and that helps to conserve the battery. A while back, I had an iPhone 5, and it ran the battery down in a few hours, regardless of whether I was using it or not. I got one of the battery cases that was also solar, and then I could keep both the phone and the battery case charged so it lasted a lot longer. With the solar function, I could even just set the phone in the sun when I needed to, and that would help it to stay charged up.