How To Pay What You Want On Amazon

Discussion in Online Shopping started by SweetMamaKaty • Feb 2, 2015.

1. SweetMamaKaty

SweetMamaKatyActive Member

Threads:
    If you're like me, you like knowing that you got the best possible deal on your purchase, big or small. I have an Amazon wishlist a mile long, full of items I'd really like to have but don't want to spend the money on... or at least not what they're charging.

Enter

The homepage looks pretty basic, with only a search bar and some advertising. Put in the Amazon URL of your desired item, and the next page will be a graph of the trending price. You can adjust this to show the previous 3 Months, 6 Months, 1 Year, or Lifetime of the item on Amazon.

Now here's the fun part. Based on the price history of the item, decide what YOU want to pay! Indicate that price, as well as whether you want New, Used, or would consider both. Hit "Track This Item." You may be prompted to log in or create an account (if that happens, you might have to go back and re-enter your item). You can use your Amazon log in info, making it really Handy.

If I'm in no hurry, I personally like to set my tracktor prices a bit lower than the lowest historical price. That way, I know if I get a notification it's time to drop everything and pounce!

I hope this is helpful, and that you enjoy using

as much as I do!

2. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    Awesome! I have never heard of this before. This could be really handy for items you order on a somewhat consistent basis too. I buy laundry soap for washing cloth diapers online, and usually when I'm getting low I spend half an hour looking at different sites, including Amazon, trying to find the best deal. Now I can just set it up with this service and if the price drops a little before I'm ready to order, I won't potentially miss out on the good deal!

3. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I had heard about this a while back through a youtube video, but never really checked it out or used it.
    To this day I have never really spent a cent on Amazon (I've gotten a lot of gift cards) but this may be a way of letting my gift card dollar stretch a little more than they have been.
    Thanks for bringing this back up for me, its sure to be useful in the future.

4. SweetMamaKaty

Threads:
    I was the same way about Amazon at first, but the more I have browsed around on there, the more I find. Pretty much anything you can think of, they have - even just regular household items like cleaning supplies, pet products, diapers, etc. I think of Amazon gift cards like cash now because of it. Just remember that once you load a gift card to your account, it can't be transferred to anyone else. It will be locked on your account, but they never expire. Once you start, you won't want to stop! :D

5. meenz

meenzNew Member

Threads:
    Oh wow this is wonderful! Thank you so much for this information!
    I've become a slight shopaholic in the past three months, especially when it comes to buying things online (especially since I'm always trying to find the best deals on everything, I kind of make it a challenge for myself to do so). This isn't a good thing for me because I'm pretty low on money so I'm basically slowly digging myself into debt until every time I get paid.
    But this will hopefully keep me from spending too much, and if I do I'll probably feel better about it because I spent less money.
    So thank you!

6. SweetMamaKaty

Threads:
    I went through that phase until I just got sick of it and had to stop. I feel like I'm in a healthier place with it now - it's not fun if there's guilt associated with the purchases. This site is helpful for that because you can kind of set it and forget it, without having to keep checking back (and possibly let yourself buy it higher than you wanted to).

You should check out some online earning - I earn a good amount of Amazon gift cards that can be my play money without touching the "real" household budget. We're currently saving our AGC for an XBox One, can't wait! :D That's another thing that has helped, having a goal to work toward.