How to pay with paypal

Discussion in Payment Methods started by jazzalazz • Nov 2, 2013.

1. jazzalazz

jazzalazzMember

Threads:
    I do a lot of online shopping and I recently made a Paypal account. I cannot find out how to pay with this paypal account. None of the websites I shop from offer paypal as a payment option. Also, are there any charges with having a paypal account?

2. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    When you go to checkout there should be an option to pay using PayPal. If you select that you log in to your PayPal account and pay using that, its that simple. There are some charges although if I remember correctly you won't run in to any buying goods, and the fees for other things are very small anyway. Best of luck!

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think every single place uses paypal, but a lot of the regular most used places to. Usually when you checkout there is a button that sends you to their website so you can log in and pay with your account funds.

4. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    There are fees that are applied when you use your Paypal account. They are very minimal, but they might add up quickly if you intend to use it a lot. I would recommend reading the fine print on their fee system.

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The fees are not minimal, it all adds up. I think the fees for selling via Paypal are 4%, that could be a significant amount of money if you are selling a high-value item or service. Sellers on eBay also lose 10% of the sale, so that's a total of 14% off your sale price. I don't think that's minimal, it's a nuisance!

6. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    If it's hard for you to use Paypal, but you have money in your paypal account. You can always link your bank account and transfer the money into that. Then you can use your bank card for online purchases.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No charges. But you have to find sites that accept paypal like ebay. You can google sites that take paypal as payment.

8. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, if a site accepts paypal you'll see the option right away when checking out. If you don't see the option then the site in probability doesn't accept paypal.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you have a personal account then you won't pay any additional fees when you purchase an item, but if you offer a service like you have a gig in Fiverr, then your earnings from that gig will get deducted.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walmart.com is an example of a shopping site that takes Paypal. As a buyer, you don't have any fees. Sellers and people who receive money for services are the ones who have to pay fees to Paypal.

11. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Getting an account with Paypal is free. As long as the online store allows you to pay with paypal, it will direct you that page.