How To Permanently Kill Weeds

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Denis Hard • Oct 24, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tired of uprooting weeds which grow on your walkways, paved patios, garden paths, etc, only to have them re-grow after a short while? Well, here's a solution to your problem:

Arm yourself with some salt. Find the weeds and uproot them. Spread salt in the cracks where the weeds grow.

Or if you don't want to do any uprooting, add a cup of salt to two cups of hot water. Mix them up and pour your solution on the annoying weeds. This will kill them instantly and also prevent them from growing again.

It's that simple. It will be a really long time before you ever see weeds on your walkway.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this tip, we do have some stubborn weeds that won't go away and keep growing, so I will try putting salt on them when I get around to it and see if it will work.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do it and I'm sure you'll stop worrying about weeds forever. In the past, when a defeated kingdom couldn't afford to pay tax or was hated so badly that extermination was the only option, the victors would plow salt into the land to make the place inhabitable because nothing would ever grow there. Or at least it would take a really long time before anything could grow on the land.

The only thing that might help the weeds a little is if rain washes the salt away.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I think this is a bad idea. Salt poisons the ground and it may run off in the rain and harm soil else where. Better to just uproot them and dig out the roots with a small shovel. You can also pour boiling water on the crack after you have dug it out to hopefully cook any remaining roots or seeds that are still there.