How to save money if you want to download YouTube videos onto your phone

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by True2marie • Jul 27, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Instead of running the YouTube app on my smartphone, I download the videos into iTunes as movies. As a result, I can watch them as much as I want without use any data. I figured this out one day after running through a chunk of my data watching a music video on YouTube. I thought there must be an easier way that is cost effective.

2. HarryS

HarrySNew Member

Threads:
    You do know that downloading Youtube videos is illegal, right? And putting it on iTunes is just sharing your illegal activity to Apple. You should also know that both Google (the owner of Youtube) and Apple actively cooperate with the NSA.

There are safer and easier ways to watch videos. Either buy the content (if available) or watch it when there is internet.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    YouTube Downloader is the baby you might want to take a look at. I've been using the computer version for a about a year, but there is a Android app available although I have not used it. I have no idea if it is available for iPhone, but I'd say there is an alternative if it isn't.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a smart way to save on data charges, but you could be breaking the law by downloading YouTube videos and then sticking them onto iTunes. I doubt you'd face any legal consequences for it, though. I just wouldn't go around announcing what you're doing. However, it's still a great way to avoid paying for data charges, as long as you remember to download videos ahead of time.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a great idea. I always download Videos, but I never thought to download videos from YouTube directly into my iTunes. I am interested to find out which app you use for that. Sometimes when I go to the gym I don't really have a good connection with Internet and they don't have wireless, so I like to watch videos off-line.

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Another great app to download YouTube videos is TubeMate. It's a very dependable app to be used to download YouTube videos. I have been using it for more than a year now and it has undergone numerous updates. The creators have improved the app significantly. I can download videos with ease and I can also download only the audio if needed. The only thing that would become a problem later on would be where you would store your videos.