How to Save Money on Car Insurance

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by Insurance Man • Apr 21, 2012.

1. Insurance Man

Insurance ManNew Member

Threads:
    You would find it heartening to know that you can save quite a lot of money on car insurance provided you go about it in an organized manner. There are a few methods by which you can reduce your car insurance rates. If you possess multiple cars then you can try to get your car insurance coverage for your vehicles from the same provider. This will enable you to save money on your auto insurance. This is because of the fact many car insurance companies would give you discounts if you go for multiple car insurance plans from them. This is one of the best methods to cut down on your car insurance rates.

If you have a good driving record then again you can save money on auto insurance. Car insurance companies tend to encourage drivers that have good driving records. In other words you can get competitive insurance rates from a car insurance company if you have established a good record as a driver. As a matter of fact your driving habits are watched for sure by the auto insurance company. If your driving habits are found very safe and adhering to traffic rules and regulations then the car insurance company would come forward to offer the best and unimaginable discounts for you.

Another way by which you can cut down on your car insurance rate is by living in an area that is not prone to road accidents and vandalism. On the other hand if you live in an area that is known for a high degree of arson then you would have to pay more money on your car insurance. Therefore it goes without saying that you should have a clear idea about the various factors that control the premium rates of a car insurance coverage. A thorough knowledge of these factors would enable you to choose the best car insurance plan at the most affordable price. In fact you would do well to have a good control over these factors yourself. In fact you can move to a better place or area that is safety oriented in order to save more money on car insurance.

You know other ways to save money on car insurance?

2. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    I would be interested in hearing which companies provide the cheapest rates when you follow all of those guidelines. I have a clean driving record: no tickets, no accidents, no traffic violations. I have been driving for almost 10 years with no offenses. The worst thing that has happened is that a semi truck kicked up a rock that hit my windshield. That was almost 3 years ago and my insurance rate still will not go down. I pay for 6 months at a time because the insurance agent said it is cheaper to do it that way, and most insurance companies will lower their prices for every 6 months without any offenses. My insurance company has kept the same price for 3 years now. I currently go through Progressive, but I am beginning to feel like I am not reaping any of the rewards of being a safe driver like they said I would.

3. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I would be interested in this as well. It almost feels like they're never willing to go down any...even when you're the safest of drivers with a great record, great area, etc.

4. kimquotes

kimquotesNew Member

Threads:

It is not how to be the cheapest but a cheap price could they give that exactly in your needs or on the company's policy....

5. Shell323

Shell323Member

Threads:
    I personally go through AllState, and my rate is pretty decent. I am also over 25 and have a good driving record. The reason paying for 6 months at a time is cheaper is because that amount broken down into 6 payments works out to be cheaper than monthly. They add a percentage if you pay monthly. The only other thing I can suggest to everyone is to take a defensive driving course, there are some online that you can take instead of having to go to a class. That takes 10% off of your insurance, at least most companies give that discount.

6. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I keep seeing TV commercials about how inexpensive The General car insurance is. They claim that they have the lowest rates - I believe $60 per month.

7. Traveller

TravellerMember

Threads:
    Drivers education saves 15% for 3 years on your car insurance. Also i reccommened taking defensive driving which will also save you another 10% for 3 years. Unlike drivers ed you can keep renewing defensive driving every 3 years.

8. kevin8624

kevin8624New Member

Threads:
    A defensive driving course will save you are 10% on most policies. There is an online course now that takes about an hour and cost around $45. It is good for two years and GEICO accepts it. Check on your agencies site or get in touch with an agent to find out other ways that might help save a few bucks.