How to save on Hotels?

Discussion in Travel started by missbee23 • Dec 3, 2014.

1. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    I know there are rewards programs out there, but they generally require you to earn points by staying in their hotel. I don't stay in hotels that often, and I usually just choose whoever is cheaper at the time, so I don't earn any rewards that way. What other resources are out there for saving money on hotels?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Perhaps you can buy coupons and other travel deals at Social commerce websites. They tend to offer comprehensive travel packages that include airfare and 3-4 days stay at a hotel with free breakfast and airport transfers. Caveat: there's a minimum number of people required to seal the deal. Nevertheless, if you have a companion, you'll be able to enjoy such a deal and find it worth your money.

3. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Travel books from rest areas have AWESoME hotel coupons in them. My husband and I stop at just about every rest area just for these books for the most part. I get a $99 room for just under $30 with coupons out of the books. No planning ahead ever. The coupons in the books last a long time so grab a few. You could also use online websites or apps to do last minute bookings at a fraction of their regular cost.

4. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah xTinx! I agree with you now a days we can easily get the travel deals with free breakfast and airport transfers. I always try to search the best travel packages and accommodation deals on the internet and then move towards the wanted destination. In this way I already get the sufficient information about the specific place and its money saving packages.

5. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    You are right Ashlee, we can save a lot if we get the traveling deals during out tours. As you said you have huge knowledge about some places and packages then tell me about some deals of USA. I have a plan to go there in coming month after my Christmas and New Year celebration.

6. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Maxwell! For the last few months I travel with the Getbustour and according to me it is the best way to travel in Europe., It provides the several bus tours to Grand Canyon, New York, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and many other places. You can give this a try and I am sure you will like its all services, deals and packages.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    In the past few years we've had so many hotels pop up in our city that they're all vying for customer attention so it's actually not that difficult to find a cheap but good hotel here these days, especially if you know to look at coupon sites first before making your bookings. The only problem is that some of the coupon sites aren't too reliable sometimes. I've heard of some horror stories wherein the people who purchased one ought they were booked but they weren't. Still, on their own the prices are already fairly inexpensive enough.