How To Use A Hotels.com Gift Card For Booking A Hotel Room?

Discussion in Travel started by Zyni • Aug 12, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Does anyone have experience with this? I've saved up to get a gift card for Hotels.com, but I want to make sure I do everything right. I don't want to make any mistakes and end up not getting my discount.

I saved Tango cards and I can now purchase a $50.00 card to get a discount on a hotel room. I just don't see where I'm supposed to add the card. It may just be me. I'm a little .. overwhelmed with trip details right now, so I might have missed it.

If you have experience, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks in advance for sharing.

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just thought I'd update this, in case it can help someone else. It's really quite simple to use. If you get a hotels.com gift card as an email code, it even provides a link for you.

You use the link, find the location and hotel you want then choose a room. When you go to book it, it allows you to check your gift card balance and then apply all of it (or as much or as little as you choose) to the balance. If you don't have enough to cover the entire purchase, you can then pay the outstanding amount with a credit card or debit card, etc.

It even provides a box for any special requests you might have (such as in my case, no "pet friendly" rooms, since I have allergies). Of course, I also called after booking to reinforce that, since it's a serious issue. This particular hotel doesn't do pet rooms anyway, so it's all good.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a good idea about calling to verify even though you've stated your preference (or need, as it may be) online. II worked at a few hotels while I was in school, and many guests would smoke in non-smoking rooms, and also bring pets into rooms (and hotels) that didn't allow them, so stating your need might not afford you the accommodations you've requested, but it's always best to make your needs known from the outset, that way if there's an issue with the room when you arrive, you will have better grounds to request a transfer to a different room or sister hotel, if there are no rooms available in that particular one.

I would also suggest if you're going to be booking a room at a place you don't already have a membership, to join the hotel's frequent stayer program, so that you can get credit for this stay toward future stays at that hotel or hotel chain.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds like good advice, @Diane Lane@Diane Lane. Thank you.

I don't travel very often, so I usually don't get to make much use of rewards programs, but I should sign up just in case.

I did actually join the rewards program for the last one, but then I ended up choosing a different hotel chain for this trip (because I got such a great deal for an even better hotel). I guess I need to pick one chain and just stick with it, so it adds up if I make an unexpected trip (and make sure it's available on hotels.com so I can earn gift cards towards the purchase price).

5. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Hey buddy!! It's a great idea to be stickmen with such program where you could get such appealing reward.