How valuable do you feel a pickup truck is?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by richc3 • Jul 4, 2014.

1. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I've been contemplating the idea of getting one for awhile now. Sure there are many uses, but they also come at a price.
    How about you though, where do you stand on the idea of a pick up truck? Do you have one yourself -- what do you use it for? If you don't, what is your general opinion of them?

2. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    We have a Dodge Ram. It is my husband's everyday driving vehicle. He loves it. We use it the most for hauling things around. Be forewarned though. If you get a truck, you are the first person friends call when they need help moving and picking up new furniture. If you have family, I would recommend a four door; they have a back seat to it. There is more room for passengers. The gas mileage is pretty decent on them now. Some of them can still be gas hogs so watch out for that. If you are going to be pulling a ton of weight like trailers or campers, I would recommend the hemi engines. Hope that helps.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For someone like me who needs to get farm supplies all the time a pick-up truck is great for transporting that stuff rather than pay extra for the store I make purchases from to ship what I've bought to me. So I'd recommend buying a pick-up truck only if you'll need it for transporting [well . . . whatever] to and from home to your workplace or vice versa.

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    A pickup is really useful when your daily business or daily routine involves a lot of picking up and delivering things basically. So if you don't use your car for those things in particular that of say is pretty much useless to you. I usually work with a lot of sound systems on a regular basis and so I need a car that has a lot of space to be able to transport these things every once in a while so for me a pickup is really valuable. It's not my main car though so on a regular day you find me in my hatchback. But it's good having the flexibility and the ability to swap between the two

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I love them, but mainly because I'm used to them. In addition, I'm tall so it's easy for me to get in one. Anyhow, I wouldn't stop and say that's the only benefits, though. As someone on here mentioned, they are great when you need to haul things. For instance, I often take out the trash at my mom's house and it's much easier with a truck than a car.