How well do you take care of your vehicle?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by randee555 • Mar 18, 2014.

1. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I don't take care of mine as much as I probably should. It's just not enough time in the day sometimes, between working, kids, cooking, cleaning, etc., I just can't seem to squeeze it in. I see some people who treat their cars like they are their kids and take the time to have them looking good 24/7. I guess once my kids are a little older I can be able to devote time to the things that are neglected now.

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I take good care of my car as far as maintenance and such goes. I'm not so good about keeping it clean. I try to, but it's black, so it shows EVERYTHING. It looks dirty right after I get it washed sometimes.

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I do the oil changes myself every 6 months. I do the tyre air fortnightly and will get a full service yearly. I will sometimes take the air filter out and tap it though, as I know it's easy to do. I can actually do the fuel filter in one of my cars, but it's a more difficult job in my main one, so I let the garage do that when it needs doing.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My vehicle is a 2007 Chevrolet. I took better care of it when I got it (I bought it new). However it's 7 years old already, so I must say I'm slacking to take care of it. It's not worth too much anymore, so I neglect it a lot. I will wash it maybe every couple of months, and there is a lot I need to fix. I also need to change the oil and air filters, and the oil, but I'm putting that off so I don't have to spend money... I'm hoping to get a new car soon, so I hope I'll take better care of that one!

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    When my Truck was new (back in 1997) I took great care of it. It was a truck, however, and it was used to haul materials and has seen its share of 4X4 roads. One the truck was no longer new and all the warantees had expired, I stopped taking as much care of it. It still starts when I turn the key and it gets me where I am going. It doesn't actually look that bad, but at this point, it doesn't owe me anything. I have been fortunate not to have had many costly part failures as fixing them wouldn't make sense on a vehicle of its age. I think the attention we pay to our cars declines proportionately with their age.

6. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I always make sure that my car is well maintained. In most cases I take it to the garage for complete vehicle service. I also keep the service history just to see how much I need to spend on the car to keep it running smoothly.

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I try to go to Jiffy Lube as much as possible, every 3 months is a good idea. Also, I try to fix the breaks as soon as they seem to be going bad. Finally, I try to add oil when needed and pump up the tires when needed.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Now you got jiffylube which is a very good and fast way to keep your car in good maintenance. With family in it always a good idea to have your car in good condition with brake fluid and etc. fully filled. When I had a second hand car I made sure I go to the mechanic every 3,000 miles to be sure everything is okay. I'm not a do it yourselfer, so when gas stations went to fill your own and no full service I was at a loss. I can't and won't change my own tires, lol, I'm so dependent on others for many things, spoiled I guess. I took very good care of my cars whether new or used and felt very safe in my cars.

9. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I regularly wash my car and check the oil. I use it optimally as I have a two wheeler too. I allot some time during the weekends for washing and dusting my vehicles, check brakes, oil. Also I regularly take it for service so I always have it in a good condition. I love cars. :)

10. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I take really good care of my car because that's the mean of transport my family has, and we cannot afford another anytime soon, so I need to invest in it's maintenance. Once per year I take it for revision, and if the malfunctioning lights appear I go there straight away to understand what's happening.

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    At least once in a month I take my vehicle to auto mechanics for a check of the body parts and ensure every component is in order. I do oil change once in two months or three depending on how far I drove the car after the last service. And again I ensure a thorough wash of the car in and out at least twice a week. I make sure to fix any part going faulty as quickly as I can.

12. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Once per month @tonyb@tonyb? Oil change every two months? And wash the car twice per week? Wow, I think all of those are too much. There's no need to change the oil and go the the mechanic that often, it would be a huge expense, and having a car would not be practical.