How you choose your internet service provider?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Ricardo187 • Oct 31, 2013.

1. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    The best combination deal was what I went for. Line rental, phone calls and Internet all for £33/month. The speed was never really as issue as I don't do a lot of downloading, although I do watch Youtube etc so I needed something at least half decent.

2. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think you can choose. You have to use who ever services the homes in your area. There isn't much you can do about it. Luckily for me Time Warner services my area.
    I can get 20mbps for $30 a month. Which is an awesome deal to say the least. I have heard horror stories about Uverse so i am thankful to have Time Warner in my area.

I don't know about Francs though, maybe there is different rules for different countries.

3. crucider

cruciderNew Member

Threads:
    I had to choose Comcast because it was the only one that worked in my area. It's not great, it's alright though since I do get pretty decent internet speeds. And if you contact support and threaten to cancel you always get some type of bonus like getting a few premium channels for free for the year.

4. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    I would also take in account the price, speed performance, signal quality, but in the same time I`m interested by the extra benefits. For example, if the internet provider selected offers me a SIM card to freely speak with my family on a small mobile network, it`s my favorite choice. If it adds a stick for mobile internet, then I would be a loyal customer for more than 12 months

5. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I go largely for the price and speed. I need a fast internet connection for my work but don't want to busy the bank. We currently have two providers in my city and one of them doesn't service my part of town, so I'm stuck with Suddenlink. The package we get is decent but it isn't like we have a choice. Whenever we move though that could make things different and we'd try and find the best value.

6. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    I had no choice but to choose Comcast. They basically run my area. It sucks too because I think they are throttling my connection. My cable and Netflix quality has been poor for a few months now. Luckily Google Fiber is coming to my area and Comcast can get the boot. I'll be switching in a heartbeat. It gets me excited just thinking about it. 700 mbps of pure googly fiber goodness.

7. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I look at speed, stability, customer service and cost. Other features can follow but the mentioned ones are the top concerns before any deal can be sealed.

8. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    When I decided on an internet provider, I mainly looked at the price and what they offered. Since I stay in a rural area, I can only get satelite internet which is not that good most of the time. I really hate it because it reminds me of cell phone services. You only have a certain amount of GB each month. There are some now that offer unlimited for like $125 a month. I might consider switching providers.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer one that has the best speed and is the most reliable. I've gone through one or two other companies in the past and the current one has been reliable enough although recently after a few strong storms it has been a bit wobbly and it is getting a bit frustrating since it seems like it's taking a long time for them to fix it and get it back to normal again. I'm still giving hem a chance since the speedos good but if it continues on I might have to look into changing again .