Htc Vive/oculus Rift Reviews?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Norjak71 • May 7, 2016.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71Member

Threads:
    I'm looking into getting one of the current next-gen virtual reality headsets and was wondering if anyone had an opinion of their own or have tried a demo/bought one and can offer some insight as to which one is better. Oculus is far cheaper at the moment and is owned by Facebook which means the expand-ability in the future is something to take into consideration. The Vive really seems like the front runner to me with its full-room tracking and touch controllers. What I'm scared of though is the Vive just came out of nowhere, nobody even knew much about it and then all of the sudden it burst onto the scene and just blew everyone away. I'm worried about the future development of the product and it's a tad pricier as well. The good thing about Vive is though the technical computer specs are far lower than the Oculus.

Thoughts?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't used any of them but objective reviews seem to agree that though both are good, HTC Vive is more immersive and would therefore be the better choice for someone who wants to experience VR.

However HTC Vive doesn't have any games worth playing so if you want VR for gaming then the Oculus Rift headset should be what you buy.

3. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I personally never tried a demo nor bought one or another. But I think I can provide you some insight with my opinion. As far as I can tell, the release price for the Oculus Rift is 599$, is cheaper in comparison to a HTC vive VR headstet, but still is a serious investment for entertainment. Since the technology is a novelty, I suggest to apply the same move a wise videogame enthusiast do: Wait for a while until the VR market grows, I mean, more videogames with VR support are released and Black Friday's sales.