Hulu Plus vs. Netflix streaming

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by clairebeautiful • Sep 29, 2013.

1. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    We have Netflix streaming and for the most part, it's fitting the bill. But I often wonder what I'm missing.

I used to watch Project Runway, and it seems it is no longer available on DVD at all. Otherwise, what shows does Hulu Plus have that Netflix doesn't?

They are the same price, so I could easily be swayed in either direction...

2. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    Well, I am only familiar with Netflix. I really like it and there's a lot available, but there are a lot of things I want to see that they don't have. I'm not sure how you would feel about this, but I was reading a post where someone talked about having both. She said that she goes to Netflix first and if she runs into something they don't have then Hulu usually has it. I've heard that if Hulu doesn't have it then you probably can find it on Netflix. You might want to try both for a little while and if you like one better than the other you can keep it and cancel the other. I wish I had more information on each for you.:( Good luck!

LOVE & DEALS
    DH:cool:

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have both Hulu and Netflix, and we use Netflix much more than Hulu. Part of that is that Netflix seems to have things set up so you can find programs easier, but that might be just because we have had Netflix for 3-4 years now and just started Hulu.
    Some of the older movies that I would like to watch, simply aren't carried on either one. I am pretty sure that you can get a free trial on Hulu , so if you think you might want to do both, that way you can see if they carry some of the things that you like, and are not on Netflix , and how easy it is to find things for you.
    Netflix seems all wound up in the new shows they are making just for Netflix, none of which I care for, so those are a waste as far as I am concerned. I wish they would just get more movies instead.
    Hulu is focusing on the British programs, and keeps sending me advertisements for new ones that they are carrying, so if you like those, you will find a bunch of them.

4. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    How many years do you all think it will be before there are no more disks at all and everything is streamed? What would you pay now if Netflix put every single title as a "Watch Instantly" selection? $30? $40?

5. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I don't use any of these services too often. Hulu has better commercials and less annoying advertisements though. NetFlix is over-exposed. And they don't get movies as fast as they used to.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They have very different products. Hulu has nearly any tv show you want, with the most current episodes available. Netflix has mainly movies, and some tv shows, which are not updated and usually 2 seasons behind what is currently on tv.
    But for the actual streaming, I think Netflix is definitely better. Aside from not having commercials (which is a deal breaker to me), it has less problems when streaming and less errors.

7. Stiflex

StiflexBanned

Threads:
    A lot of people tend to crack/pirate or just simply download movies from somewhere, I honestly prefer to purchase a subscription - it's usually relevantly cheap, like a few bucks? And it's really not worth the hassle of pirating new episodes from something like ... The walking dead or whatever most people nowadays watch :D

I actually can't use any of those, I mean - netflix/hulu isn't available here - but there are many sites that are similar.

8. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    Hulu Plus is great, if you're into watching current shows from Fox/NBC/ABC and a few other stations. But it just doesn't compare to the offerings that you get with Netflix. The content is likely 10-15x larger than what you can get on Hulu Plus and of course, it's commercial free. Hulu Plus' biggest drawback is that they still make me sit through advertisements.

9. AskJeeves

AskJeevesMember

Threads:
    A friend of mine has Hulu Plus whereas I have Netflix. I have had Netflix for about 3 months and it is nice to use when I have to quickly watch a movie with my family. I have heard from my friend that Hulu Plus has a fair amount of shows, whereas Netflix contains mainly movies. Although I haven't tried Hulu Plus, I would recommend Netflix because movies are much more expensive in comparison to shows. Also, shows can be watched on TV, whereas movies need to be paid for in theater, in DVD, or pay per view. It's honestly all up to opinion, but my opinion is that sticking with Netflix is a smarter choice.

10. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    While i think Hulu appeared first, Netflix managed to turn out bigger because of how they marketed it. While Netflix is a whole lot better in most of the cases, Hulu has some shows that Netflix don't, but that is very rare, and most of them are pretty obscure.

11. Joe D.

Joe D.New Member

Threads:
    Netflix has a much better and much broader selection of movies. Hulu mainly has weird art-house movies that only pseudo-intellectuals even pretend to like. But it does offer both current series television and some classic old series. I got it because I absolutely loved the old 'Hill Street Blues' TV series - and Hulu was t e only place to get it. But for full variety of general interest, Netflix is definitely the place.

12. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Have you considered Amazon Prime? That is all we have... it was $80 for the year and includes the instant watch as well as free shipping on any prime eligible items on Amazon. That in itself was worth it to us as I order enough off Amazon to begin with :)

13. redskyez

redskyezNew Member

Threads:
    I use netflix, never tried huluu but yeah..

14. Collin1000

Collin1000Member

Threads:
    Netflix if you're a movie person, Hulu Plus if you're a TV person who likes to stay current, Amazon Prime if you don't mind being a season behind. :)

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A few of my favorite TV shows are only available on Amazon Prime. It's even a little bit cheaper than Netflix, but I really like the selection of TV shows on Netflix too. I am seriously considering getting Amazon.

16. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I would much prefer Netflix. I have become very used to using Netflix. It has all the features that you would want out of a streaming company. I absolutely love them. They also have a pretty good selection of movies, as well as updating themselves frequently.

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have Netflix, it is okay. I look at Hulu but they have the commericals which Netflix does not have in the shows. I have used Amazon and liked that also. I am not a big TV or Movie person so it all is good with me. It still beats the large cable bill.

18. Alakey

AlakeyNew Member

Threads:
    Guys, it's all about the content!
    Hulu adds new episodes of currently ongoing shows pretty fast, whereas Netflix holds up till the whole season is complete before making it available for streaming.
    If I have to choose only one -

, it would be the last one because it simply has more content and available in more countries.

19. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think you can compare the two since i feel that Netflix is far superior to hulu in every aspect of the platform.

20. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Hulu only provides for the US. Netflix provides services to the world and have exclusive originals. I think you should go for Netflix. There is something wrong with Hulu's service that is why they can't expand globally.