Human Placenta injection as a beauty treatment

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by katykate • Mar 16, 2014.

1. katykate

katykateNew Member

Threads:
    I heard that this kind of beauty treatment which originated from Japan uses human placenta for a more beautiful and radiant skin, it lightens the skin and it also prevents the signs of aging. What are your thoughts about this? Have you tried this treatment already? Do you prefer to stick to the old traditions of using whitening soaps or are planning to have this in future?

For me this sounds promising and gross at the same time, but I heard that human placenta helps regenerate our cells. If there is enough proof that this treatment is effective, I will definitely try this.

2. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    This is interesting. I did not know that the placenta was now being used in beauty treatments. I know that some people eat their own placentas after they have given birth as they are a rich source of vitamins and nutrients for the mother. However, it is not an idea that appeals to me. Personally, I wouldn't use placenta as a beauty treatment although I can understand the benefits of doing so.

3. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    It never surprises me what people will do to try and reverse/slow down the ageing process. You don't get that long on this planet, and to think some people spend most of that time chasing something that will never happen, is tragic.

When you're born, as far as ageing goes, it's downhill from then on. You grow. You age. You die. There's not a single miracle cream or cure that will change that fact.

Getting more beautiful, wrinkle-free skin, has been one of the biggest money spinners ever created. I don't think any of them work, but who cares, Just the mention of a possibility will get anyone reaching for their purses for many years to come.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As far as I know they are using sheep placenta. I haven't heard about the use of human placenta. I know that mammals eat their placenta and that in some societies humans consume it as well. I find it downright disgusting for humans to use the organ that links a fetus to its mother. It's there to transfer oxygen and nutrients to the fetus and fetal waste products to the mother. Allegedly the placenta extract serves as a source of protein and hormones, predominantly estrogen and progesterone in the cosmetics in which it is used. But the exact purpose of the placenta extract is not well documented and difficult to find. I think it's demented.