Humble Bundle - Pay what you want games!

Discussion in Hot Deals started by Pandorical • Apr 2, 2012.

1. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if anyone here has heard of it but HumbleBundle.com is a great way to get some extra games for you or others. All the games are indie games (ones by no so well know developers) but it's definitely worth checking out. If anyone is considering buying from them then please try and pay over the average, it really helps the small game developers. They run the deal fairly regularly (and each one contains 5 games; 6 if you pay over the average) but the current one expires at midnight GMT tonight.

Check it out here:

2. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I love these Bundles! I think I have around 1 or 2 of them. Not every game in the Bundle is for me, but since it is pay what you want, I never feel robbed. I usually give them around $5 for the download, but is up to you how much you wanna give. I think I got Crayon Physics from them, and that game is just awesome.

Great Bargains to be had, as the games are always very well made, very stable, and fun.

3. Germs

GermsMember

Threads:
    I love these Humble Bundles, really annoys me when people pay the absolute minimum for it though, then wonder why companies rarely do anything like this.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I love them, too, and buy them as gifts sometimes as well. The proceeds go to a good charity, too, and often times they add more games after the sale is over even, so you may end up with more games than you thought. There are other bundles floating around now, but they're not always as good.

5. Germs

GermsMember

Threads:
    For anyone else interested in this, there are many other websites selling these same kinds of packs, this one has ended but be sure to look out for another great deal:

6. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    Just an update: the current Humble Bundle has now ended. However, Indie Royal (link in Germs post) is now taking pre-orders. There is also the Indie Gala available here:

7. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Yeah I think these things only work if people understand that developers deserve to be paid for their work. I usually give, lie I said, something more than the average donation. But there are so many people that just take, take, take.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Agreed. While I don't think it's okay that people try to game the system or the ones who would only pay a penny before they had to limit it because the paypal fees were actually -costing- the program, I do think it's awesome when big groups get together and donate a bunch. You should see how much the My Little Ponies group/Bronies donate to some of these.

9. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    I heard about the Bronies donating loads but I never heard how much. Do you know exactly how much it was?