Humble Bundles! Great Way To Save Money On Video Games!

Discussion in Hot Deals started by Yosh • Jun 11, 2015.

1. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    Hey there everyone! I'm not sure if anyone here would be familiar, or even make use of it, but, if you're into video games, then you should be sure to check out the Humble Bundles!

They're a "pay what you want" group, who give you some pretty sweet games, while also contributing to charity! It really is amazing.

Check it out if you're interested!

2. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    The humble bundle is a great great website to buy games on there. I think it's really cool because a lot of games I actually wanted are on there for like 10 dollars or something, I don't even have to go to a shop which is pretty cool. It is sort of like Steam but in a different way or system perhaps. I'm really glad to see such businesses growing and it is perfectly legal to get it like a bargain.

3. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    Yep! It's designed to help indie developers, as well as some bigger developers a chance to increase their sales, while also contributing to charity. While you won't find everything on it, it'd definitely worth a look if you're looking for a good deal.

4. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I have never bought a humble bundle as I am not much of a PC gamer, but I hear about the amazing deals you can get from them. I honestly think this is an idea that the bigger companies like Sony and Nintendo could benefit from on their own downloadable content. For example, if Nintendo ran promotions where they bundled some of the old school Mario games, I bet they would get more people to buy than they do now.

5. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    Just last week Nintendo partnered with the humble bundle and sold some wii games on it! I do wish they'd do something similar with with their old school games.

6. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I did not know this. Which games were part of the bundle? Was it actual retail Wii games or was it stuff or was it just stuff that was released on the eShop?

7. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    That's absolutely true. I mean, I know games like Euro Truck Simulator, or certain simulator games, just for 11 bucks! That's insanely low. The very fact that it also is legal and it can be trusted is really such an advantage. I do have some kind of idea how their system works, where some players actually get discounts and perhaps sell them to the website and they sell them a bit higher or something like that. I'm unsure but it's a great system.

8. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Are you sure that it works that way? There was a bit of a scandal a few months back about people buying download codes for games in foreign countries where the price is significantly cheaper than the US. These people would then sell the codes in the US for a profit because it was still cheaper than the actual US prices. If this is how Humble Bundle operates that is quite interesting because it is basiclaly teh same idea and they do not get criticized for it.

9. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    They were indie games that were on the eShop I believe. Stuff for the wiiU and the 3DS.
    I think there was Guacamelee, WoahDave, Switch Force, The Fall, Olliolli, MOON chronicles, Stealth inc 2 and SteamWorld dig.

Not sure if they're the correct names, just going off of the pictures of each title I have from the Email I got.

No, the humble bundle guys don't actually work this way at all. They actually contact the developers themselves and arrange a "we advertise and sell X games, you get the cut of whatever people choose to go to developers, the rest goes to running the site (not very much I believe) and charity". Considering the huge success of the humble bundle, I can see why developers opt for it.

I believe you're thinking of code selling sites like Kinguin. They're kinda sketchy in the fact that some of the times, the codes you receive don't actually work.

#9Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
  10. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    There's actually G2A.COM which is legit and you can review the ratings of a person and how much they sold, you can see sellers with 100% rating having sold hundreds and thousands of codes. I think it's pretty reliable with also having the G2A shield on top, where you just pay a dollar or two to have the company take care of the situation for you if the key doesn't work.