Humble bundles

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Livvy • Jul 10, 2014.

1. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    If you don't know, Humble Bundles are essentially bundles of games/Audiobooks/movies/etc which come out for a ridiculously discounted price.

So for example they might put up a bundle of Sci-Fi games which would consist of some smaller, indie games that only cost a few bucks, alongside from triple A titles that would normally cost $60 or so. You can buy all of them for something like $20 usually. Pretty good deal eh?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, it sure is. I kind of got sick of them over time because there were so many, but there are still some good ones that come along. If you like trying new Indie games, you can get several new ones for a pretty cheap price.

3. IrishLad

IrishLadNew Member

Threads:
    The humble bundles are sooo good. You get a bunch of games for a cheap price and the benefit is that some of the proceeds are going to charity. I used to buy every single one, but now that they come out more often I just stick to buying the ones that I like a few games out of, I can pick the rest of the games up in the Summer Sale anyway.

4. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    I have to avoid steam when humble bundles come out or I'll end up spending way too much on more video games.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Humble Bundles are incredible deals. I usually try to pay above average to unlock everything for a given deal, and then it's the right thing to do since the money goes to charity. Sometimes, I might donate a few cents for smaller bundles if I truly can't afford them, which is awesome. No matter what the charities are going to receive thousands of dollars per bundle. It's a great opportunity for everyone involved.

6. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Considering that for the initial bundle you can pay just one dollar, yeah, bundles are a pretty sweet deal. And if you're feeling generous and you pay more than the average you get even more games for your money. The only downside is that for a person that buys from Steam and Humble Bundle the games tend to repeat after a while, meaning that you find games that you bought on a Steam sale in a bundle.

7. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I only get the ones that have titles that I am interested in. I really like Humble Bundles as you can get games at a awesomely low price, as well as you can choose to split where your money goes to, between developers, the Humble tip as well as various charities. I think so far the best bundle has been the Humble Origin Bundle, where are are AAA titles like Battlefield 3 and some others that were sold at an extremely low price.

8. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly buy video games from Humble Bundle deals. I have no idea where all the money goes, but I have heard that the company donates the money somewhere. Most gaming companies like EA keep giving away games in these deals. So I always keep an eye open for them.

9. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    When you buy a Bundle, you first choose the amount of money you WANT to pay for the bundle (Minimum $1) and after than, there is a option to choose how to split your money towards either the people who runs Humble Bundle, various charities, or the game developers themselves. I think that is the best bit as the developers can essentially be doing their part for a good cause and you benefit from some good games at a cheap price.

10. conm17

conm17New Member

Threads:
    Humble Bundle offers a variety of games in their bundles. However, mostly you will find small indie games which feature quite predominantly in the bundles and possibly one or two more known games in the higher tiers. I have personally purchased quite a few of these bundles as they are competitively priced against Steam's own store. I also use other bundle websites such as Bundlestars as they do offer quite good bundles from time to time.

However, one thing I have noticed with the bundle websites is that a bundle will go on sale and then a few days later the same games will go up on sale on steam, usually cheaper than the price of the bundle. But, this doesn't work out cheaper than the bundle on Humble Bundle, the game you want may be cheaper, but you are getting more bang for your buck when purchasing the bundle.

11. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    Humble Bundles are great when you don't really know what to play at the moment. I just get the bundle for a single game usually, then I end up discovering that the others are great too. I've lost count of how many great indie games I got on there, and I've saves ridiculous amounts of money.