Hypo-Allergenic Makeup

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by vida_llevares • Dec 9, 2012.

1. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Hi.

What does it mean when the makeup is hypo-allergenic? Is it a plus or a requirement for all cosmetic brands?

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    That's a good question. I thought it meant it was safe for sensitive skin. That probably isn't the case because I used a moisturizer labeled with it and it burned my skin terribly.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It is not a requirement on all cosmetic brands. I think Almay is probably the best brand to buy unless you shop at organic stores. Like jleadbet, I always thought that it meant it was safe to use on sensitive skin. I did find this when I did a little online research and was surprised that it really means nothing at all. Any makeup brand could use the term "hypo-allergenic" on their products, even though the products really are not "hypo-allergenic".

4. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm. I had no idea that companies could just put hypo-allergenic on anything they want! But I guess it's the same thing as "natural". That doesn't really mean anything either.

Um, if you're looking for nice make-up that is good for sensitive skin, I'm using Bare Minerals. I have super sensitive skin and this is good for me.