I Had A Memorable Christmas. And You?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by iamawriter • Dec 30, 2017.

1. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I threw a party for seniors from an old age home. And what an event that was. It was amazingly successful. They fully co-operated and I could see they were enjoying too.

How was yours? santafacebookimage.

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    How nice of you. When my mum was in an old people's home before she died I was invited to join in the Christmas festivities and had a Christmas dinner there too. I know it made my mum's christmas .. it was her last and she wasn't well enough to leave the home to come to us. There was a great atmosphere and I was glad I could make her happy. The staff were wonderful and went all out to make their day special.

3. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:

I know many visit old age homes and spend time with them but a change of scene is what they would like and that I could see and even hear some saying how getting out of their 'home' did make a difference

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know my Aunt before she passed lived in a retirement community. Every year they'd have parties for all the holidays! She enjoyed it and so did all the other residents. Just because we are Seniors doesn't mean we stopped living, quite the contrary. We got our memories and want to make more memories. :D:p:) It's so nice of you to remember the Seniors and give them a festive time! God bless you girl!

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am expecting a picture of those aged persons whom you made them happy by giving them a party. I would also expecting on how happy they are through your pictures taken. Anyway, you have done a good job. You keep the light of Christ on them and through yourself too. Jesus said that if you do to the least of your brethren you are doing that too Him.

6. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    IMG_6184.
    Some picture of the event. There were around 40 plus a few other guests. Each of them enjoyed themselves and took back happy memories with them.

7. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Those who get joy giving,search for opportunities where they can contribute. I do that all the time. I have a Trust that reaches out to the needy. I refer giving directly to those in need rather than to any NGOs

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    That is wonderful. It can be seen from the picture how the people did enjoy especially the senior ones and how they're entertained to make them happy. :)

9. Sharry Lee

Sharry LeeNew Member

Threads:
    Wow, nice!

10. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I liked the type of Christmas on the early 2000's because it was more lively on my country. A facebook post trended and it was about how cool and lively Christmas was in our country back then. Kids were not addicted to gadgets back then and we could feel the essence of Christmas back then. Now, all the people care about is the gifts and money they receive.

11. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I had a great time last Christmas since we all got together after a long period of time. I got the chance to bond with relatives, it was a lot of fun preparing food while telling each other stories. We gave each other gifts and the kids enjoyed every moment which is the most important thing to me.

12. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you but my spirit is the same as that existed way back We still make sweets, decorate the tree, exchange sweets, pay visits and yes that party I had was a new concept which did not exist then.

13. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    It is a family bonding occasion specially now since there is a drift thanks to job seeking and even marriage takes the children away to far away places. When all of them take the trouble to get together that event can stay as a happy memory not to be forgotten in a hurry.

14. pmk1996

pmk1996New Member

Threads:
    I think visiting the old and also the less fortunate is something I will consider doing this years Christmas. I spend most of my Christmas visiting my parents and extended family.

15. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    This Christmas was the worst Christmas I have ever had because I had a fight with my wife and I find out that she wanted to cheat on me. Now we are struggling to make our marriage to work out especially for our kids.
    My mind was busy so, this year I didn't felt the feeling of Christmas!

16. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Just try it. You will get more joy than those who you will entertain. I do this every year. This year I tried with the seniors and had the same kind of excitement and joy.,

17. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    That is such an amazing way to spend Christmas. It is great to give back to those who can't really organise a great function by themselves. Spending time with the friends and family is awesome but it is also great if we decide to share our love during Christmas at an orphanage or old people's home.

18. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    It is indeed sad that very few know the joy of giving. They will hoard their money and increase their bank balance and get joy out of that. There are some who will leave the world without making a will and their money just waits for someone to claim it.