I. Hate. Pizza. Hut.

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by JoanMcWench • Nov 22, 2013.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    lol I want to clarify something that people may be taking from this that doesn't exist. I did not write this thread because I was trying to sway anyone's purchasing decisions. I could care less who does and does not order from Pizza Hut. The reason I titled this 'I. Hate. Pizza. Hut.' comes with the story.
    I like their wings. Not a giant fan of the pizza but it's fine by chain standards. The food was not the issue. I wrote this thread because I was so aggravated with them and seeing as the title of this area is 'Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints' I thought this fit as a 'complaint'.

Addressing that first sentence specifically, the 'investigation' has nothing to do with me. It seems to be something they obligatorily mention in emails that broach their horrible customer service.

2. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Wow. I am so sorry. That is horrible customer service. The part that's especially annoying is when she says that it is your fault. It was not your fault in any way and you had the receipt to prove it. I hope that you got your money back. I don't think I have gotten anything from Pizza Hut in years. There are much better pizza joints near me. Pizza Hut pales in comparison.

3. XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXxNew Member

Threads:
    Wow, I am glad I never passed my job interview with them (that's another story) the people that work at Pizza Hut seem rude... management anyway. There is probably a reason I never got a chance to work there. Like I always say everything happens for a reason. I do hope you get a full refund, and things work out, if I were in your shoes I would never purchase from them again. Good luck

4. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    Pizza Hut has basically become the McDonald's of pizza places; going for mass production over quality. I have to say though, they're mostly reliable. I've never had any problems with them personally and I don't think a franchise that large and profitable has to resort to tricks like that for sales...

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Did you get your $270 back? I don't blame you for being angry. You didn't do anything wrong and they're acting like you made a mistake. I don't know how they stay in business when there are so many other pizza places around.

6. streakanime

streakanimeMember

Threads:
    Wow! That is ridiculous. Did you ever get your money back? I would have just contacted the provider of my bank card and explained the situation to them and had the entire order canceled and refunded. Most providers are more than happy to help with something like that. That is, as long as you do not make a habit of calling to get orders reserved. I've never personally had a problem with money amounts being different that I could not get fixed by the company. But, I would have caused a serious riot.

7. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks, you guys. I did get my refund! It took the store around two weeks to 'process' the refund from the charge date. I assume this is because the Store Manager did not care for me being angry that their restaurant made a mistake. I called them a week after and they said the refund was 'being processed'. Which to me meant we will take as long as we possibly can. I contacted the corporate headquarters again and they offered the exact response the first time round so I figured I would quit while behind after that.

I don't feel like it was a 'trick for a sale' either. I feel like someone made a mistake and decided to blame a customer as opposed to get in trouble at work. At least, it felt this way. I'll never be 100% sure.

#27Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  8. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Well, you know that there's more than one store-manager, and that the 'store-manager' that will "investigate" will be one that's 'higher in the hierarchy'---maybe a "regional manager." What they'll do is look through the records, see that they received 450 wings' worth more money than they actually GAVE wings for (unless they had started to cook those wings & then 'threw them away' when you clarified your order ... in which case you might have to contact your card-company).

But I wouldn't hate Pizza Hut so-much as 'franchising in general'---it changes the main exchange from 'one that's centered on customer/servant interaction' to 'one that's centered on the franchise/"central office"-interaction' ... all that the central office cares about is 'that the franchise pays for the company-name and the products they ordered,' and only cares about customer-satisfaction so far as it affects the company-reputation.

9. MMercury

MMercuryNew Member

Threads:
    That is just ridiculous! There is absolutely no excuse for the way Pizza Hut reacted to you. Yeah, I would definitely not order from them again if they did something like this to me. It is not just their attitude either but the fact that their site/process/whatever accidentally turned 50 wings into 500 wings. That's a big problem.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    That is absolutely crazy. I'm wondering if perhaps one of the employees was maybe running some kind of scam and trying to overcharge for the order then take the money from the register - or it could have been a bona fide accident when ringing it up and the manager was being a jerk about correcting it. Any restaurant that realistically got an order for 500 wings would have told you that it's going to take a lot longer than an hour or so to make all of those. At most you can only cook about 30-40 wings at a time in a given fryer, and they usually take at least 15-20 minutes to cook, but more like 25 min or so considering you're crowding the fryer. A place like Pizza Hut probably only has at most, two fryers, and even if they had up to 4 fryers, it would still take a while. You're talking at least a couple hours or so to make all those wings, if they didn't even have this conversation with you then that is proof alone they heard you say 50, and not 500 wings.

I worked at a local restaurant popular for their wings, and for Super Bowl Sunday, we literally had to take orders weeks in advance because there was only so many wings we could cook per hour in the 4 fryers we had. If you didn't place your order in time, it was tough luck, there was nothing the restaurant could do to accommodate you, it was logistically impossible for them to squeeze in any other orders. That 's the other thing - if you would have actually placed an order for 500 wings, they would have had to tell all other customers that they were completely backed up on wings and couldn't take their order at that time or told them it would be a few hours. Another way to approach them about it perhaps would be to question if they even had enough wings in stock to make that many for one order.