I Hate Returning Items

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Theo • Feb 5, 2015.

1. Cilivren

CilivrenMember

Threads:
    I feel your pain! I'm a shy person and not very confident so I hate returning items, too! However, it's something that you have to get through. I don't return faulty products if they only cost me a few dollars, but if it was something expensive, then I'll most certainly try to get a refund or exchage the item. I always prepare my speech, too. So far I have always been lucky and got what I want.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some stores are very cool about letting you return items. Costco has a no hassle returns policy and so does Bed, Bath ad Beyond. I rarely return items but someties you just have to. I don't find it to be a major problem though. It doesn't seem to make a difference when I am looking for a way to return items.

3. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    The amount of hassle received my store associates usually depends on a couple of things:
    1. Whether or not you bring your receipt with you when you return the item.
    2. The store's return policy.
    Many stores require a receipt in order to do a return. When shopping, if I purchase an item I am not 100% certain I will use, I keep the recipe either with the item or on my wallet. This way, I have the receipt which makes the return process much smoother.

Knowing a store's return policy is also crucial in order to return an item. Some stores will not allow a return without a receipt. Other stores have a return policy which has a deadline of when you can return items, such as Target. Some stores will not accept returns of opened or used items. Some stores do not allow returns of clearance items, such as Forever 21. If shopping for an expensive item, it may help to check the store's return policy before shopping there, to make sure you are comfortable with their agreement before buying something there.

I do not mind returning items, especially when I know that I am entitled to a refund of my money for the return. Recently, my husband had a carpentry DIY project in our home, and instead of making multiple trips to the hardware store as he built the project, he purchased extra items he knew he might use, with the intention of returning any unused items. We knew the store's return policy ahead of time, so it was no issue. You may as well get your money back, instead of having the items just sit around your home!

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Returning items is definitely not on my list of fun things to do. Apparently, it's not on the list for most stores either, but oh well. If they sell me junk, I'm taking it back whether they like it or not. I start out being as nice as possible, but I frequently get met with dark, suspicious glances. I'm a grandmother not a gangbanger - give me a break.

I am shopping more and more online these days. I check the return policies. No hassle return policies with free return shipping have won me over. I will buy whatever I can online and leave standing in line forever for a hateful return person to others. I'll save time and gas money that way as well.