I Have A Weakness For Shoes, What Is Your Weakness?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by gee wanjiru • Dec 22, 2017.

1. gee wanjiru

gee wanjiruNew Member

Threads:
    Since I started earning my own money, I discovered that I always buy shoes whether I had planned for them or not, whether I needed them or not. As long as I see a beautiful shoe, I would rather skip my lunch that day and get a shoe or leave a deposit for it. I find myself telling my friends that I do not have shoes even when I have like 60 pairs (this is when I have cleaned my shoe rack already). I have improved but I still need help.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've got 2 of them, pastries and purses. I'll always go window shopping for them no matter what time of day it is I'll make time to go to these 2 departments always. I found that I enjoy looking for these 2 items always. I window shop for them online too. I like to see what prices they are, and, if they have exactly what I want for the price I"m willing to spend for them. But I'd refrain from buying because I'm on a very tight budget. I'll buy when I need them only. Not easy, mind you to restrain yourself, but being on a budget, I have to stop myself from buying.

3. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    There are at times when we can be obsessed by beauty products. The idea of purchasing many pairs of shoes is just the same as changing many clothes within the same day. That also depends on your pocket- if you have the cash, then I see no problem there. But, for some people who do not have enough cash, I would recomend they purchase only a few pairs of shoes, so as the other money can be used for doing the other things.

4. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    That seems very excessive to me, but you did say you need help.
    As for me, I guess I like tracksuits and jackets. I will also occasionally check out sneakers and boots if they look good. But I don't really buy anything if I don't need it, or if I cant afford it.

5. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I doubt if I have a weakness right now since I know where to invest and I save the rest. If I had a job like 4 years ago, my weakness would be clothes and shoes. I am not a spoilt child. But that is not a valid reason. I am old enough to understand that I need to spend wisely and that I need to work to earn. I am also young enough to know that there are so many desires that money can satisfy but I shouldn't let money control me.

6. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I would say I have a weakness for food. I tend to buy a lot of food if I see something I like and it's on sale. Most of the time I buy beef and chicken if the tag price is way too low. I love cooking so I always fill my fridge with stuff that I can cook.

7. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I am not the biggest shopping fan, I am usually very rational and conservative in what shopping and expenses are concerned, but there is always an exception to the rule, and in my case are sports items, or more specifically, tennis items. It's the sport I play and love, so it seems I can always get something else for it. :)

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I've always been a moderate shopper. I was never one to go for the latest fashion nor do I obsess over fashion items. I prefer to spend on things that will eventually pay for itself. Instead of collecting shoes or bags, I prefer to acquire equipment or objects that can provide long term benefits, help me generate more earnings, or help me save on expenses. I hate to waste money that I've worked so hard to earn. That would be like I wasted my time working. I don't think I have a weakness or obsession for anything at this point except probably my desire to save for my son's future and my retirement.

9. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have the weakness of buying clothes on the cheap and frequently find that they are not a good fit, colour msn do liking the moment I buy better items. This results in dipused and discarded clothes which I relish giving out.

10. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    My biggest weakness is my car, I always try to improve it. I wish I could have money to buy a new car since my old car is second hand and I never had enough money to buy a new one. Since my car is old I am trying to keep it in shape and I always change pieces from it.
    I spend a lot of money on my car to look great.

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Probably bags and earphones. I seem to be always tempted to buy them especially when they're cheap and I could afford them. I need to stop that habit now, because I don't think I can use all of them.

12. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like shoes a lot as well-but maybe not as much as women like to shop for shoes-but it seems like they give you a better outlook on life or something like that-when you buy some new shoes. It's no big deal for me though these days, as far as buying shoes goes though -but they are just a pair of shoes and I will survive without them, or maybe not(haha). Its funny with buying shoes, because you feel regret for buying them or not buying them sometimes ?

ani_enhanced-3424-1445922666-2.

13. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am very thrifty when it comes to shoes. At present, I have 2 leather shoes aged 7 and 4 years old. They are still in use together with 1 rubber shoes given to me by nephew 3 years ago. No matter if there are sales, I don’t buy shoes when I don’t need. My wife I on the opposite end because she has more than 50 pairs of footwear that includes sandals and slippers. They are all resting in our stock room. Too much money wasted huh.

14. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I also do not buy shoes without need. I know this is a waste of money when you have limited sources.