I Highly Dislike Shopping at Walmart

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by couponaholic • Jun 25, 2012.

1. couponaholic

couponaholicBanned

Threads:
    There are a few reasons I dislike Walmart. I absolutely dread going there, but it's the closest place for me to shop so I am there often. Gas prices are so ridiculous these days that I don't want to drive far to go shopping.

I find that the cashiers at the U-scan can be very nasty when they don't want to do their job. I handed over a bottle return slip to one after I scanned my items and she told me I had to take it to customer service. So I take it to customer service and they say "you know you can use this at the checkout right?" I also don't like how I am treated when I hand over my coupons to cashiers. They give me dirty looks and grunt at me. It's kind of weird, really. I don't get what the big deal is about people using coupons.

What I do like, however, is the low prices on store-brand items. I have a big family to feed so it does help.

What have your experiences shopping at Walmart? Do you enjoy shopping there or do you dread it?

2. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on the Wal-Mart. I've heard some people say that they have had bad experiences, but I enjoy going to my Wal-Mart. The staff is not overly friendly but they are not rude. Our town is not that big but we have two Wal-Marts located on each side, so it is not a long drive for either.

3. Lucky120

Lucky120New Member

Threads:
    Yeah I think it just depends on the Wal mart some people have good and bad experiences, but all I have to say is I save more money on the Base than going to Wal mart. I mean I like wal mart, but there are times when they are a little high in price. All i have to say is for a store to claim to be low in price that is very sad. I find certain places that have lower prices than them and some are private owned stores though. I mean it is okay to go to when you need a few things extra or they have something that another store does not. Where I live I have met cashiers that know nothing lol. They are clueless and I have met some mean ones as well.

4. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    Yeah, it definitely depends on the Walmart you go to. I try to limit my shopping in Walmart. It is always crowded and hard to find what you need. I was so happy to find a smaller place to shop for groceries at a cheaper price. If I really need something from Walmart, I will do it online.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It really does depend on the store. I had a very bad experience in a Walmart in Los Angeles. It was dirty, disorganized and the employees were standing around talking about personal stuff. I developed a bad view of Walmart. Then I moved to Las Vegas for a few years. The Walmarts are great. Most of the them are clean, very organized and very friendly. I liked them more than Target.

6. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the Walmarts that I've gone to were in Atlanta and I couldn't understand how they always had a packed parking lot. That store was a mess and I hated going in there. They couldn't put enough items on sale for me to go in there for myself. I went to one in Maryland and it wasn't quite as bad, nor was the one in New York. But, for the bulk of my Walmart shopping, it's online.

7. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of Walmart either because they hire the wrong type of people. I would rather shop at Target than spend my money at Walmart. The store by my house has a bunch of low class people at the register. Sometimes I wonder where do they find these people? They never give you the proper respect you deserve, and most of them are short tempered. I stopped going to Walmart, there's one close by my house, but I find other stores to go to like Costco and Big Lots.

8. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    The people at my Wal-Mart are actually really nice. They're nice and helpful, and actually look like they somewhat enjoy their job. They don't have that "get me out of here" look on their faces.

9. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    The Walmart nearest me is a good one, the staff aren't all that mean, but not overly friendly. Its only 2 blocks away, so we go there often. However, once Target is done its expansion into Canada, I will probably shop there more.

10. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind the Walmart Marketplaces, but I'm not a fan of the Supercenters. They are way to overcrowded with slobs and the staff can be lazy and unprofessional. This is not always the case, but I've been to Walmart Supercenters across the west and midwest and this is sometimes true. The self-checkouts are the worse; half the time they don't work and the staff do not want to help you. Customer service SUCKS and sometimes do not even answer the phone. They will leave you on hold forever. Cashiers sometimes have a nasty attitude, as well.

11. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I've only been to Walmart once or twice, but I didn't find the experience all that pleasurable. It's 10 miles away so it's really inconvenient to get to so I end up going to Target more often with happier results. I remember it being crowded there and I could not find any employees to assist me. I enjoy shopping at Target so much more.

12. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We have three Walmarts in our area and I prefer to go to the closest one. The employees are much nicer there and it isn't as crowded as the other two. I definately save a lot of money on groceries there, compared to the other grocery stores in the area.

13. couponaholic

couponaholicBanned

Threads:
    I did try another Walmart, but the drive is a half hour away, 25 minutes if I jump on the expressway. The staff was a lot friendlier, but the store was a lot more crowded. It felt like I could bump into someone at anytime every corner I turned. And the checkout lines were quite long, but I seemed to get checked out pretty fast. The best part was that the cashier was so friendly and approachable and she did not seem fazed by me handing over coupons.

So, I guess it really does depend on the one you go to.

14. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    I'm the same i dont know what it is going in there but i only go in there if i really have to it is the closet thing to me but its so big and if i want to run in real quick to get something i find myself having to walk so far for it. Its a pain in the but for me to shop at walmart.

15. sniderman

snidermanNew Member

Threads:
    I was a committed Wal-Mart shopper 15 years ago - now, I can hardly stand to walk in the place. The one near me is obviously NOT one of the "good" ones - it's always dirty and disorganized, and the clerks are poorly trained and just downright hostile.

I'll shop almost anywhere else before I go to that store. Sorry Wal-Mart, but you've lost me (and my $).

16. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. I love that the store exists and I can find just about everything I could ever want at a reasonable price and that I am never more than 10 minutes away from a Walmart. BUT I hate the long lines, I hate the hugeness of the store, I hate it when I can't find what I am looking for and I hate that having a Walmart in your neighborhood squashes local, idependent businesses.

17. OsvaldoLuis

OsvaldoLuisNew Member

Threads:
    I also dont like shopping at walmart even though they have alot of things to buy and good prices, i prefer buying online so i dont have to past those bad moments like the ones you said.Anyway walmart its not so bad but well, maybe the one you have isnt so good.

18. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Here in the UK we have a store called ASDA which I believe is owned by Wal-Mart or at least used to be. I have never had any customer service issues there, although more staff on the tills would be nice so I am not queuing for 25 minutes a time. I agree that different people will have different experiences depending on the store. I geniunely wonder why some people work a job that involves contact with the general public when they find being polite so difficult!!

19. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    Even if I had a problem with the employees every single time when I go to Wal-Mart, which I don't, I would still shop there just to have all of their super-cheap prices. The employees treat customers fine at my Wal-Mart but even if they treated me like dirt, I wouldn't care because in the end of the day I am saving a ton of money and when I am saving money my emotions don't matter :p.

20. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I have bad experiences with Walmart as well. It starts in the Parking Lot, I can never get a good spot. Then I get inside and try to find what I need and there are always a bunch of people in the way, or they have big palate's of crap out and in the way that I can barely get around. When I finally have what I need and dare to go to the checkout the line is always a mile long, and the cashiers are always grumpaliciaous. They have things I need, and I love the prices, but going there is brutal. I try my best to just order from their website.