I Highly Dislike Shopping at Walmart

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by couponaholic • Jun 25, 2012.

1. kristyleann

kristyleannMember

Threads:
    One time I was going to buy this big air conditioner (the kind that sits in the floor) for my apartment and it was too big to pick up so I tried to find a Walmart employee to help me...I found two of them talking and started to approach them and they saw me and I kid you not, they looked dead at me and started walking away at the same time lol...they weren't even trying to hide the fact that they were avoiding me because they could tell I needed something.

And I don't know what it up with the self check out but every time I've ever tried to use it I end up having to get someone to help me because it screws up...seriously, every time. Oddly enough I have NEVER had any problems with the self check out at Kroger's though lol

2. clay1224

clay1224Banned

Threads:
    I actually love shopping at Walmart! It's usually pretty well priced there and everything is always good quality.

3. benn08

benn08Member

Threads:
    What a coincidence, I just wrote a post about how much I dislike going to Walmart, fortunately I have an option when it comes about where to shop. I was just in there last week buying some shake n bake, and the amount of interesting people, incompetent employees and just overall atmosphere seriously turns me off. They do have a wide variety of products at decent prices, but just the whole feeling of going there scares me, and it seems to me like I am in a whole different country entirely.

4. Kam147

Kam147Member

Threads:
    I actually like shopping at my local Wal-Mart. I worked at the Wal-Mart in my home town right out of high school, and a friend of mine that I worked with then is now the manager of the store nearest to my house. He runs a tight ship, and although the store associates are not overly friendly, they are helpful, the store is clean, and I can always find what I am looking for. I know a lot of people dislike shopping at Wal-Mart because of the crowds, but I do most of my shopping after 9:00 PM, quite often after 10:00 PM. Aside from Friday nights, the place is usually pretty empty and my shopping experience is a pleasant one. I absolutely agree that one's Wal-Mart shopping experience depends upon the store.

#44Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  5. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind Wal-mart. I don't need help, I generally have time to wait, and I rarely go during crowded times. That said even without that my Wal-marts are generally clean, well-stocked, and quiet.

6. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I love Walmart. It is great one stop shopping and they are close by no matter where you stay. The prices are the lowest out of all chain stores. You should complain about the people who are rude to you.

7. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    I totally agree with OP! I think Walmart needs improvements. I also think they need to hire better employees. It seems like the employees don't even care about you, like you're invisible. A little customer appreciation is reasonable right?

8. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I have a list of companies and corporations that have made me boil. Walmart is not one of them. In fact it is on the much shorter list of companies that I feel I get
    good value from and I always give them a passing grade. This is all from the P.O.V. of me as a consumer/customer and not about being a corporate good guy and the impact this giant has on small operators.
    But, well the prices are hard to beat and I can make one stop and get everything from work boots to t-shirts to razor blades and even apples and cottage cheese.
    I find the cashiers are okay and it is also a short drive for me. Walmart is actually the store I visit most. I even get my snow tires and oil changes there.
    Actually a few years ago I had an anti-Walmart mindset and obviously that is gone.
    Ryder13

9. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    I like Walmart on weekday mornings when they're empty. I've never had a problem with the staff at the one in my area. They've always been friendly and helpful. However, it seems like Walmart is the place where everyone who doesn't have anything else to do goes on the weekends. It's too crowded and the lineups are nuts.

10. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I highly dislike shopping at Walmart as well. I thought it was just the area that I live in, but I guess not. Most of the employees are simply lazy and I can never find anything that I need. Not to mention that I hate supporting big corporations such as Walmart. Even Target is a little bit better I suppose. I try to shop at small Mom and Pop shops when I can to try to support the small businesses. Our business with them is what keeps them in business. I would hate for them to all close up and then we are forced to shop at Walmart all of the time.

11. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

They sell Shake N' Bake at Walmart? This is truly fascinating!:eek:

12. dgb1975

dgb1975New Member

Threads:
    I am not a fan of the attitudes that you get from some of the employees of Walmart. I know a few bad apples spoil the bunch, but it really cannot be that hard to hire good leadership and get everyone in line.

We ordered some bunk beds through site to store. Just getting them to the store was a fiasco, wife had to call customer service to inquire about why they were taking so long. The only answer she got was they were lost and would we like to cancel the order! Well no we would like the bunk beds. The next day we got the message that they are at the store and ready to pick up, we gave them an extra day and went the following day to pick them up. Waited at the counter for help, man showed up said "oh yeah they are here, let me get them for you". Another worker came walking back with a pallet jack and went through the door. Few minutes go by and they return without the bunk beds, they say we have some good new and bad news. Good news is that they are here, bad news is that they are buried in the truck. Call back after 4 pm to see if they are ready. Off we went to get a few other things since we were already in the store. Wife is pissed and says lets go back and have them call a manager. Go back, get a different person at the desk, they get the manager. She shows up and we explain the situation, she says that doesn't sound right, let me go check it out. She returned in about 30 seconds and she was mad. She says the are sitting right behind the door on a pallet ready to go. She calls the lazy workers, I assume there shifts ended at 4 pm, and has them load the bunk beds in my truck. They did not look happy, they new the gig was up and I hope they got an education in customer service.

13. alreenaw

alreenawMember

Threads:
    I used to really like shopping at Walmart, as it used to be one of my favorite stores. Lately I have found the prices to be a lot higher on items, especially groceries. I've also had trouble the past few times I went in with the prices not ringing up properly. The lady at the register wasn't too helpful and basically asked me "do you want it or not," so I wasn't too happy with them and started shopping elsewhere.

14. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I see Walmart as a necessary evil. There are so many things they do to their employees that are unethical. Most recently, they have cut wages, hours, and benefits. As a result, their employees may go on strike soon.
    That being said, in many towns that I have lived in, the other grocery stores charge more for many things. If you want to save money shopping, you have to go to several stores to get all of your groceries, including Walmart.
    I must say that Walmart's pharmacy prices are way lower than any of the other pharmacy prices where I live.

15. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    Wow - your Walmarts all seem so much different than the ones we have here. It's a brand new Supercentre in Canada and the workers are always there with a smile and ready to help you out. I've never seen it be that crowded either.

16. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    Yeah I definitely agree. Do they also "match the price of other stores" anymore?

17. jayjacinto

jayjacintoMember

Threads:
    Oh well, although a lot of people likes walmart, there will always be complaints about some of their employees or service. I guess no matter how perfect a store is, not everyone will be satisfied with everything. there will always be imperfections. It's not a perfect world after all... :)

18. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have been to Walmart a few times, to be honest yes the prices are great but the place is massive. I also found the crowds there to be a bit hard to take at times. I also admit that I am turned off by Walmart's treatment of their employees. If you have had a bad experience in one with their employees there might be a reason for this. The employees are treated like indentured servants, getting measly wage, no real benefits, then having their Thanksgiving Holiday dwindled down more and more all so that Walmart can get a jump on Black Friday along with a few other stores.

19. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    Man, I hate Walmart too.. Most of the people there aren't very helpful at all and they make strange faces when you try to ask something. About 2-3 months ago I've asked a guy to help me decide between 2 TV's and he made a strange face like: "Uhm.. Can't you read about each one?"

20. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a little torn when it comes to Walmart, to be honest. The savings really are excellent compared to prices in my area and it's awesome as a one-stop-shop. On the other hand, I dislike the general grumpiness of the staff, the crowds and the fact that they hurt mom and pop stores in the area. The nearest Walmart is about 30 minutes away, but we'll finally be getting one sometime next spring. I'm sure I'll be shopping there at least for my groceries, but I'll do it grudgingly. Still, a penny saved is a penny earned and sometimes I have to just grin and bear it so I can pinch that penny.