I Highly Dislike Shopping at Walmart

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by couponaholic • Jun 25, 2012.

1. kisseru

kisseruNew Member

Threads:
    I used to shop at Walmart frequently, but I switched to Target. I enjoy Target more since the store doesn't have employees that are so rude and disrespectful. I would rather get friendly service then save a few cents on a loaf of bread. I think that it would be better if they had better employees and less crowds shopping there, Walmart is usually so crowded in Carol Stream, Illinois that parking is basically impossible for me.( I am lazy.. at walking...)

2. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I've worked at two different Walmarts in two years and I can honestly tell you that it depends on the store and the management. At one store, they kept onto the cashiers and customer service folks. We had to be fast and friendly. We had to double check coupons and price matches, but happily accept them. People got fired if they couldn't do this. Employees were skittish and scared at first, but it evened out nicely. It was a brilliant environment for working and shopping.

At the other Walmart, in a bigger city, no one acted like they cared about the customer and no one did anything about it. It was a miserable experience, bad enough that I just ended up quitting entirely.

It just depends on what management actually promotes. My old store is how all Walmarts are supposed to be, but it obviously doesn't always happen that way.

3. Shell323

Shell323Member

Threads:
    I don't like Walmart's policies all around. I feel like they mistreat and underpay their workers, making it so that none of their staff can afford to shop anywhere but in their stores. I shop there because it is convenient and unfortunately price friendly, but if I can avoid it I do. I have had some pretty terrible customer service at Walmart myself, so I can completely understand why some would feel like all of the stores are like that.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    In the UK we have PoundLand which is EXACTLY the same, and it only gets worse during the Christmas period. I'm glad I do the majority of my shopping online so I don't have to go to these stores.

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I detest shopping at walmart...for the reasons you mentioned and more. On top of that, at our closest one the people that frequent it really are...out there. I'm not trying to say there's a stigma in general or judge, it's just at ours from the ones I've been too but there are some really obnoxious, rude people. Many times I've been glared at for using coupons, even though I'm nowhere near an 'extreme couponer', it's just a small handful at a time for most trips. Also, for me one of the benefits to going to places like walmart or target is the ability to get many of the things I would need in one trip, especially in regards to groceries- but our grocery department there is always really depleted, the produce is an absolute mess, etc. So a lot of it has to do with our particular store, I do prefer Target in general but I've been in other Walmarts that were much better than mine.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't have a Walmart over here in England. However, Asda is a big supermarket and it is owed by Walmart. I like shopping at Asda because it is the cheapest of the big supermarkets. They offer good value for money when compared to Tesco and Sainsburys.

7. jayjacinto

jayjacintoMember

Threads:
    Have you tried making complaints against these people? I guess they totally don't have the right to be rude to customers...

8. GSBryce

GSBryceMember

Threads:
    I absolutely cringe when I HAVE to make a trip to WalMart. Blah Blah Blah! Sometimes I have to suck it up because you cant beat some of their prices, especially on baby items. I just can't find it any cheaper. I force myself to get up early early early on the weekends so I dont have to deal with a crowd. It's so much more peaceful. If I have to go during the day, I try to go to a neighborhood market if they have the items I'm needing. They seem to be less busy.

9. jayjacinto

jayjacintoMember

Threads:
    I guess this is one of the reasons why they sometimes mess up.. They are dealing with too much customers so they tend to oversee things here and there..

10. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of Walmart myself. But luckily we have Target, Kmart, and a couple of other similar stores in the area so I don't have to really deal with Walmart very much. But as for the rude employees, I think all the stores have that in common. It's no secret that Walmart treats their customers badly.

11. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I hate shopping at Walmart too. I feel so bad for their employees. They work them like slaves and I feel guilty whenever I shop there. Their gross lighting is really unpleasant too. Their stores are not inviting like Target and at least Target gives back to the community.

12. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I can honestly say I could never see myself not enjoying shopping at Wal-Mart. I just have to remember all they have to offer me. They have almost everything you would need out of almost every category. From clothing to groceries. Wal-Mart has it all, and that is why I enjoy shopping there. I can agree about the long lines, but other than that you can not beat the deals they give.

13. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    I don't like shopping at our local Wal-Mart, although I do have to shop there more often than not. There are usually only a handful of registers open, no matter how many people are in the store. And our local store hires a lot of elderly people. Not that that's a bad thing, because I personally love elderly people, but they are very slow, and a lot of times don't really know how to work the registers that great!

14. forumwriter225

forumwriter225New Member

Threads:
    The shoppers that frequent wal-mart seem to have changed over the years. Back when I was younger, it seemed like wal-mart was just an ordinary store. Now it seems like a dangerous place to shop and it doesn't help that their inventory keeps shrinking and their prices keep rising. Like the OP, I also go to Target and other stores more often these days.

15. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy walmart, it just the customer service that I receive that really bothers me . When you ask one of them for help they are real ugly with you. You very often find someone whom will greet you with a smile.Overall I like shopping there I hate that they no longer offer layaway's.But you can find some really good prices there.

16. kal30314

kal30314New Member

Threads:
    The first time I shop at Walmart, it seem like at time I could not get enough Walmart. Walmart made me feel like I was doing it big. When my family and friend ask where you get that or how you stocking up on so much grocery items. I would tell friend and family go to Walmart, then it happen. I don't know why but now I am feeling bad because I like to tell people about inexpensive bargains. If you need help from Walmart associates, good luck on that. This year have been nothing but attitudes I have encounter from the Atlanta Walmart staff. Just this year alone I have call three time and complain on a customer services rep. I want to pick up some pictures and it took a whole hour for the cashier to return to the back container but guess where he was. The Walmart cashier was working the front store too, I said to myself I can believe this. The person from electronic page him so many time and when he decided to came back he say nothing. I had a cashier that did not even try to take my coupons, call the manager. The manager did not come over, so one of her coworker help her. The same cashier that did not take my coupons said to her coworker. uh, this lady and her coupons. One time I was in line and I heard a lady say out loud don't put all those grocery on the belt because it will brake. I guess she was the manager and she went to each belt and put back items that was on the belt back into people cart. I mean my stories could go on and on. If I can help it I don't go to Walmart. When you complain or right a letter to corporate, the district manager will call. The only thing she will do is act surprise and say sorry that happen to you. Not that Walmart should but most store really feel bad and want you to come back to their store. They will have a small token of something, coupons, etc. Not Walmart.

17. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart can be a great place to shop at. The only problem is actually working for them.

They do have some great deals that can be big money savers. I know that I bought a big jug of mayo for $10.

18. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    The Wal-Mart nearest to me is wonderful. I am in a small town and the Wal-Mart I go to is in the next small town over. It doesn't even stay open 24/7 if that tells you how small the town is! I have never had a bad experience there! The customer service is always really good and the self lane is always working well. They do have quite a few of their registers open so I don't normally even wait in line.

I have been to bigger town Wal-Mart the biggest issue I have with them is that they have 20+ registers and 5 of them are open? The lines are crazy long and no other registers are opening, that I don't really understand!

19. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    Most of the time I have to say that I actually enjoy shopping at Walmart, but I did recently have an experience that I didn't appreciate.

I had made an online purchase that I was going to pay for at the store with cash. It told me that I could go to any checkout to make the payment, so I stand through the shortest line (which was still long as they on'y had about five registers open and it was the week before Christmas). When I get up to pay, the cashier tells me that I have to pay in customer service. So I have to go wait through the line there. When I get up there, the woman tells me that I could have paid at a regular register, but at least she took my payment.

At Walmart, they really need to make sure that one hand knows what the other hand is doing.

20. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't dislike Walmart, but I have had several bad experiences with the customer service and cashiers they have the nastiest attitudes I have ever seen , At our Walmart location they save you in there system if your return more than three items you have to wait almost 6 months before you return anything else. Walmart I think went down when the layaway's got taken, I go there it there a parking spot but if not I try Fred's Discount store.