I Highly Dislike Shopping at Walmart

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by couponaholic • Jun 25, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a little annoyed with Walmart right now. Yesterday, I went to Walmart to pick up groceries. As my daughter and I approached the pet section, we saw two women looking at the floor. My daughter said "Mom! Mom!" and looked at the floor. I saw a goldfish squirming on the floor, gasping for air, and the customer and sales associate weren't doing anything. The customer told the sales associate "catch it!", but the sales associate just stood there with her arms crossed because she was grossed out by the fish and didn't want to ruin her nail art.

In the split second while all this was going on, I quickly scooped up the fish with my hands and put it in the fish tank, where it started swimming.
    My daughter said "I knew you would do something to help. Mom." I gave the sales associate the look of death and walked away.

If you are too disgusted to pick up a goldfish that is struggling to breathe, then you should not be allowed to work in the pet department at Walmart.

2. mistysauro

mistysauroNew Member

Threads:
    I can relate ,I guess all walmarts are about the same the sales assoicates are over worked and underpaid and the service isnt the best and the in the deli dept isnt the best ethier.

3. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I think that it just strongly depends on the area you stay in. I've been to some of the worst Walmart locations where all of the employees were rude, children were running around rampant, fellow shoppers were rude, etc. You get the picture. However, I've also been to their stores where I've had the exact opposite experience. If the shopping experience really is that bad in your area, do your best to shop at different times than all of the people who crowd the store during rush hour right after work. There's ways to get around the negative experiences I feel, with just a little effort.

4. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I love my Walmart but I do understand where you guys are coming from. There are a lot of people working jobs that don't suit their personalities, not just at Walmart but everywhere. The lines are always long and sometimes you see cashiers talking off to the side and you wonder why can't they go jump on a register. The prices, however, are good and my local store has the full grocery section so I can get everything I need at one location and don't have to worry about stopping at more stores once I leave.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just had a crappy experience at Walmart today. The Easter stuff is supposed to be 75% off but everything was still ringing up at 50% off. Instead of calling a manager or making a correction, the cashier argues with me about whether Easter things were actually on sale for 75% off, despite the signs all over that aisle. My daughter and I saw a line forming, so we gave up and left after buying just a gallon of milk.
    Don't you love when a store advertises a post-holiday sale, then makes you feel crappy for actually trying to get the discount?

6. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I hate that. They act like there's something wrong with you because you're trying to get the product for the price that it's advertised at. Then, it gets embarrassing because you look like the cheapskate arguing at the register, but I mean, there are a lot of cases when I wouldn't be buying the product at all (or would be buying less) if the price wasn't so good. Walmart, overall, drives me insane, and I really try to avoid going there when I can.

7. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    In my opinion, no, they are not good at their work. The corporate end of things is good at figuring out how to make as much money as possible, which I can understand to a degree. At some point, though, quality and decent service should matter at least a little bit. I don't expect valet parking when I go to Walmart, but the cashier can ring me up without making it clear to me that she hates the fact that I just went through her line with a cart full of groceries.

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I had to go there yesterday for a couple of things and ended up getting stuck in the "express" checkout lane for nearly 20 minutes if not longer. There were apparently three Wal-Mart employees that came in to pick up their checks and cash them at the store itself, in front of me. They were all yapping away to each other non-stop and barely paying any attention to the cashier who had to ask them like 100 questions about how much they wanted back in cash, and what bills they wanted their money in. The he had to count each stack of money like three times, very slowly.

What really pissed me off, is that they had a customer service section *right next to the express lane* that was specifically for processing bank/financial transactions (money orders, check cashing, etc...), but these jerks didn't want to wait in the long line, so they just hogged up the express lane instead.

I didn't want to tell off the cashier, because he looked really young and inexperienced, so it wasn't really his fault. But there was a manager standing near him that I was planning on complaining too, but she conveniently took off when it was finally my turn. I really wanted to tell her that she should have told those employees they needed to get in the proper line to cash their checks, and that they shouldn't be doing that here when there are customers waiting behind them to check out.

9. epiczail

epiczailBanned

Threads:
    I don't mind Walmart too much, it doesn't bother me. ACSAPA, if you were persistent enough they would have given it to you. I got a $100 fishing rod/reel combo because it was on a rack that was labeled $15. I talked to 2 CSM's then finally got the General Manager out and he told them to just give it to me for $15 but that I could only buy one. As I was checking out the GM called an employee over and made him take all of the poles down and replace the price tag.