I Keep Buying Exercise Equipment That I Never Use

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Natasha0717 • Nov 22, 2016.

1. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    It's becoming a real problem. I see these exercise bikes and steppers that always look "easy"....like once you get pedaling, the air or wind will get your legs moving or something. And the steppers are supposed to feel effortless, like you're walking in place. But that's never really the case. Exercise is exercise and it never really feels all that great - well, there are 2 exceptions. Walking, that's easy (for me). And then of course there are the motorized pedals that do all the exercise for you and all you have to do is sit there. But you need to know the exact calorie count, what you see on the monitor is not really the truth. If it was, I'd be about 80 lbs. by now. :D I keep taking all of these stationary bikes and steppers that I no longer want to "Play it Again Sports"...where they sit for months and months because nobody wants to purchase them, even though they're barely used.

Do you buy a lot of exercise equipment online? Or have you ever bought just one piece of exercise equipment and then realized it was nothing like you had imagined it would be? o_O

homeeuipmtgym.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I personally never purchase exercise equipments for the same reasons like yours. I am a lazy bum period. I do have a treadmill though that someone has given me however, I too am not regar on it and its gathering dust as I type this.

I wish there was a miracle/effortless way of loosing weight so that I can skip dieting and exercising both of which are beyond me.

You may want to sell your stuff on sites like ebay or OLX.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I opened this thread because I thought my wife is the creator. She bought several exercise equipment and the last was an exerciser worth $100. She had stopped buying because I reprimanded her that she buys and would use it only for a month. Now I am telling her to use the rope for skipping in order to lose weight. At least the rope is cheap.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I used to own an excercise bike but had to sell it 2 months after for the lack of money besides in those 2 months I only used it a week. Good thing I got rid of it because it was only taking up space. I was always too lazy to put it to use and I prefered going on walks.

5. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I once ordered a machine which helps to burn fat around belly areas. But only after a few weeks I became bored and stopped using that. It's still lying there in the terrace. Nowadays I don't use any machines for workout as I practice yoga which is based on breathing techniques. I only need a peaceful place and a yoga mat for this.

My neighbor also bought a treadmill which is of no use now. She was happy during the initial days and was religiously using it. But later she stopped doing that and now gained almost double the weight. I never bought anything else for workouts after my first purchase.

6. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Over the years I have to admit that I have tended to buy exercise equipment that I have never ended up using as well.I go through stages where I think I wan't to start exercising but won't pay to go to the gym. I have a big garage space so buy exercise equipment to put in there but the only exercise I get from the equipment is when I'm building it and putting it together. After that it hardly gets used and I end up selling it for about a quarter of what I've paid!

7. Lazar

LazarMember

Threads:
    Save your money and go to the gym. You can't work out at home on that level like in the gym. I, personally don't have any motivation for home workouts.

8. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    And like I always say, walking will always be the cheapest form of exercise. Really, you can do it anywhere....even if it's just pacing around your house. Sure, family members will ask you why you seem so nervous, but then all you have to do is flash them your pedometer and then they stop asking questions. :D

9. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, you don't need expensive exercise equipment. Simple activities such as jogging, swimming, cycling can become very good exercise routine.
    I have never bought any exercise equipments. I go for jogging every alternate days for one hour and this is the only exercise I do.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think most of us buy expensive exercising equipment out of curiosity but feel disappointed when the desired result doesn't come after using them. The reason of not achieving the result could vary but most of feel that there is nothing better than natural way of exercising which provides satisfaction ultimately.

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think you should create your own workout, doing everyday things in your local park ,around your farm,or even just around the house as well. I think you could just ride your bike or walk to the store sometimes for exercise and make it fun-and this should just be part of our day-because over time I think we stop doing our routine workouts and get bored?