I Love T-mobile!

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by kjonesm1 • Apr 10, 2015.

1. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    So I pay $150 for two lines, get unlimited EVERYTHING (including super fast data) and get 2 to 4 new premier phones a year without driving my bill too high. These things are awesome, but they aren't the best things about my service. I am going to Mexico in two weeks and just found out I get unlimited web, text and talk to the United States with no roaming fees.

2. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    While it's a good deal, 150 a month still sounds a little high to me. I think if you got in touch with them, depending how long you'd been a customer, you could probably get that a little cheaper.

3. J. Arizin

J. ArizinNew Member

Threads:
    Actually, being a long time customer won't get you anywhere when it comes to monthly discounts. Well, this is my experience working to telecommunication companies. What they usually do is calculate the amount of usage and change your plan and make it seem like they gave you favor because your such a loyal customer. It is spiel by representatives to get good surveys. The only time they consider your loyalty to them is during upgrade eligibility issues, payment arrangements and threats of cancellation.

I actually suggest you calling t-mobile. You'd be surprised if they find a better plan for you cause as pwarbi said, your bill is still a bit high.

4. jamiew23

jamiew23Member

Threads:
    150 seems a lot to me too but as long as you're happy I guess :p I just moved from Vodafone to O2 using cashback to get my contract half price and very happy with the service so far!

5. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I came from Verizon where my bill was 220 without unlimited data. T-Mobile is the only carrier that has unlimited and I used over 20 gigs by myself. No major carrier can give you two lines for 150. I also have international texting and usage and two phones that cost $650. NOBODY can beat that.

6. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I have been with T-Mobile for at least over 12 years after I dropped Verizon for their sneaky charges on my phone every month. I hate that I have to call in every month to dispute the charges with them. I don't have this problem with T-Mobile!

7. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, even I heard good things about T-mobile. They've been offering wi-fi telephony too on smartphones. Perhaps, 150 for 2 lines with unlimited data is reasonable. You say you get, supersonic speeds. What are your data transfer rates? ( I mean internet download/upload speeds)

8. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're kidding, right? Sprint offers unlimited data and has for quite some time. The pricing wars between the mobile carriers has only made things cheaper, and $150 for two lines isn't a good price any longer. Heck, I pay $35 for 2.5GB of data on a far better network. Unlimited data is nice and all, but most people are never going to use more than a few gigabytes per month, and T-Mobile throttles heavy data users on those plans anyways.

9. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think people are focusing on the price, and not on all the extras @kjonesm1@kjonesm1 has, including the high end phones. I have had Sprint, TMobile and Verizon. Verizon was fine, because I wasn't paying the bill, and didn't worry about how much it costed, and had TMobile at the time, as well, so was primarily using that, since it was/is the best service in this area.Sprint did have the best prices on unlimited, but the phones weren't included, those fees were separate, and I don't believe international usage was included.

10. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    My first mobile phone service was T-Mobile and I've been with them for 18 years with their prepaid service. My mother had ATT and I manage her account and it was ridiculous just like you say. They make it seem like they are doing you a favor by changing the plans. I just flat out told them that I wanted every thing changed back to the initial plan.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think for whatever reason T-Mobile UK had a bad rep for a long time, I'm not sure if this is still the case. But a few years ago, many people wouldn't go with it for anything. But I did use it for a few years without any problem whatsoever, but then I swapped over to Orange because they had much better offers, and I could have a pay as you go roll-on-roll-off "contract". Strictly speaking, it wasn't even a contract, I could cancel it at any time as long as I gave them a month's notice.