I Mcdonalds going downhill?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Cyclone3616 • Oct 15, 2012.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In terms of customer service, they are definitely going downhill. The cashiers there are constantly screwing up my orders and overcharging me. I've posted about this elsewhere on here, but the last few times I went to McD's, they were *accidentally* ringing up all of the items in a combo meal separately so they could charge me more. I caught them doing this several times within one month at two different locations. The employees in general at McDonalds all seem jaded and pissed off.

2. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I've noticed they've taken some of the items off the dollar menu in my neighborhood. The McChicken and the McDouble. Now it's just cookies and sweet tea on the 1$ menu.

3. catevanne

catevanneMember

Threads:
    I don't see any overall decline, but of course, it depends on the one that you go to. Mcs in certain areas near where I live are dirty and the food is stale, etc.....but if I go to a nicer area-by that I mean a more upscale area-the Mcs are just fine-in fact they are superlative. Still a great place to take the kids and I love that I can get something that is healthy to eat....

4. Chsiung

ChsiungNew Member

Threads:
    I don't think McDonalds is going downhill any time soon. Many people still eat at fast food restaurants a lot in their daily life. Most people with children go to McDonalds to maybe feed their kids for a day of two. The prices even going lower then what they are now creates more people to come to McDonalds. I don't see fast food restaurants especially McDonalds going out of business for a long time in the future.

5. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I personally like their Angus Mushroom and Swiss sandwiches.

6. kisseru

kisseruNew Member

Threads:
    I don't think Mcdonalds is going downhill at all. Some people are going to be lazy and not cook food for their family so fast food would be a quick fix. So people will always eat at Mcdonalds since it is more convenient then cooking for yourself or the family. I have noticed that Mcdonalds has been adding lots of things to their menu though, maybe they are trying to attract more customers. I still have yet to understand why they had made a mcwrap that is almost five times larger than the normal snack wrap... Food portions nowadays... -sigh.-

7. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I personally think McDonalds is going uphill, although I'm not a fan of fast food. They are adding more nutritious options to their menu, like a variety of grilled chicken sandwiches. Plus, they now have frozen drinks. I don't eat there much, but their food always tasted fine when I did.

8. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure about the profits of McDonald's if it's going uphill or downhill. As a customer though, I think that this excellent fast food chain is maintaining its foothold in the industry by continuing to provide quality products to its customers at affordable prices. Their burgers are still great, their fries are still the best, their fried chicken it good, need I say more?

9. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    The McDonalds here sure isn't on the decline, it even renovated recently. I do patronize the McCafe products since there really isn't anything worthwhile to eat at starbucks. This way I have generally good coffee and more options when it comes to breakfast foods. I think McDs is always an option for those who need to eat on the run and is on a budget. The dollar menus may not seem appetizing to some but for a person on a tight budget it could be a life saver...better than peanut butter sandwich any day.

10. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    Honestly, for the sake of health, Mcdonald's needs to fall further down that hill. I mean come on, you know food is bad for you when it doesn't spoil or decay. Have you guys ever noticed that their food never gets any mold at all? That shows you how high in preservatives they are.

11. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Well another way of looking at it, is that the preservatives will give the eaters superpowers. So they can be immune to most customary methods of death and the aging process.:p

12. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Lets remember that for the most part McDonald's is a franchise. Maybe the food isn't up to par at one, but it could still be of good quality at another. I have to admit though that I haven't been to my local McDonald's in awhile. Not that their food quality went down, no in fact it was still quite good. It had more to do with the layout of their counter. You could be up there and feel like everyone was on top of everyone else, because of the way it was set up.

13. Joyce aka Nana

Joyce aka NanaNew Member

Threads:
    I think the quality, a lot of times, depends on who is running the store and who is working there. My favorite at McDonalds is the fries! However, if they are not HOT I don't want them. I usually tell any fast food place to make sure my fries are hot. If they aren't, I tell them i want hot fries and they have to get me hot fries. I still like McDonalds for a quick burger and fries. I do like their flavored coffees too. Not very healthy, but occasionally going to McDonalds is good for the soul!

14. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I think Wendy's & Burger King are much better, just as I thought 10 years ago. I think they're holding up well and haven't gotten WORSE but I consider them one of the "worst' fast food places of that nature.

15. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I think Burger King's food is more expensive. Also their fries aren't as good as Mickey D's fries. Also Burger Kings so called desserts aren't really anything other than processed crap.

16. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I think I read somewhere this week that profit sales for McDonald's corporation were down for the first time in about a decade. Here's the

from the Huffington Post.

17. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Well I think it's obvious why. People have no jobs, bad economy. So eating out uses up disposable income. When the amount of disposable income shrinks, so will the number of people who eat out on a regular or semi regular basis.

18. GSBryce

GSBryceMember

Threads:
    I think McDonalds will always be the go to fast good resurant here in the Unites States, possibly in other countries as well. Yes, there are other fast food restaurants that are much better, but it seems like McDonalds just draws people in. Whether it's their ever growning menu, kids items, or plain convenience. Sometimes I crave spefic items from there, especially when I was pregnant! There are a few locations where I live where I refuse to go to because the quality of Customer Service is lacking. I also wish they would get rid of the double lane drive thru. So annoying! It just causes a huge cluster of cars.

19. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I think that it may depend on where you are and on that specific branch. McDonalds is just convenient for many and I think it is this that keeps them ahead of the bunch. It was never about quality with them and I can easily believe that certain branches can be going downhill. Time will tell...

20. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    Well I'm avoiding Mcdonalds for the health reasons, more so than the taste. I have never had a big mac that tasted bad. I do always go in and get a black coffee when they are running the free promotion.