I Mcdonalds going downhill?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Cyclone3616 • Oct 15, 2012.

1. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    On a similar note, we just lost the Mickey D's near my house which was inside our outlet mall. Subway went with them. The good news? There's a Subway and a Mickey D's about 2 hills up from the outlet mall. So it looks like I'll be walking an extra 10 minutes for my fries and subs from now on.:eek:

2. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think McDonalds is going down hill, that is just in my opinion. I have always been a fan of McDonalds, and I think I will be that much for a long time. I mean they just do so many things great, I absolutely love going there to get a bite to eat.

3. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Mcdonalds won't be going anywhere. They have too much coming in to even considered a high risk. If you saw one of their restaurants close then it is probably because they were closed from outside sources.

4. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Never appreciated McDonald's food at all. I remember disliking a great deal of their food even when I was a kid. So, McDonald's executives if you happen upon this post, you cannot buy every child's taste buds with toys as your currency.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    God I hope so. It has gone down in some places (not quality, but completely out of business) as more and more people outside of north america smarten up and realize what a disgusting company with disgusting "foods" they are. McDonalds started it all. Grabbed everyone before they knew any better and now the world is addicted to poison and will defend their use of it. I won't hold my breath until they go down completely, but I will applaud any country that wises up and shuts them down.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, not really, but I think that their Big Mac just got smaller as compared to before. The meat is very thin too. On the other hand, their previously bland spaghetti just got more sweeter, I'm actually surprised, but it's a very welcome change.

7. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    There are absolutely better fast food options out there, but I will say that their McCafe is pretty awesome. I think honestly that's what has kept McDonalds afloat as of late. I agree that the last time I ordered a burger from them it was just eh okay. They've been around for a while though so I'm sure they'll come with some new ideas as time goes on.

8. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    Spaghetti?? Where is there a McDonald's that has spaghetti? I'm very curious to know, I've never seen that before in my life.

I think McDonald's quality is probably about the same as it has been in the past. I for one haven't noticed any major changes, other than the quantity of items on their menu skyrocketing since they first started. In the last five years, I'd say the number of different and unique items they serve has went up a lot. While they're diversifying, I would have to assume that overall quality and service is declining. They're trying to figure out a way to get more money and serve less product. This is nothing different than what any other companies has been trying to do lately. Nothing is about quality anymore.

I still eat there, occasionally.

9. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    McDonald's internationally has a lot more variety of food than in the US. This is especially true in Asia where street food is not only common but tradition. So McDonald's has to find a way to incorporate themselves into that culture. McDonald's has always been at the forefront of this. But now all of the other US fast food chains are doing the same. And not just burger places. KFC, Subway, and DunkinDonuts are a few of many fast-food restaurants that have entirely different menus overseas.

You should definitely check out their menus. I rarely eat McDonald's in the US, but when I travel overseas I make it a point to see what different menu items they have. If you can't travel, then Google it. It is very region specific. McDonald's in Italy have pizza, in northern Europe they have salmon burgers. In Germany at one point they sold beer. But Asian McDonald's definitely have the coolest menu items that are not found in the US. They also deliver, depending on the city, and serve breakfast at all hours of the day.

And again, this makes sense culturally. If McDonald's wants to make money in India, they can't sell beef burgers because a large portion of the population won't eat beef. So they have chicken sandwiches and curry sandwiches. In the Middle East, they do not have pork products. And in Israel, they have Kosher items... Israel locations actually have really good salads.

10. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    It's relative. If you're at a steady pace when everything's moving faster-&-faster, you're moving slower-&-slower.

Amen TM!

'When you are young, your cup is small (easy to fill). Now your cup is larger (you know of greater things that might be standard elsewhere), and the same amount (which is all that they might give) isn't filling it anymore.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't think it's going downhill at all! Yes, it has way more competition with the countless fast food chains out there today, but it's still massive and every McDonald's I go to is always packed! Everytime I have to wait in line, at least where I live.

12. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    "Poison"? I would be very-interested in a link to the non-'competitor-hired' Science that says that!

13. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think McDonald's is going down hill at all. In fact, I think the opposite is going on. I keep seeing new and new McDonald's appearing on just about every street corner, I feel like they are now like Starbucks, they are everywhere!

14. DjoBoy

DjoBoyNew Member

Threads:
    In my city, McDonalds is always full of people. Their products are good, but not healthy to eat everyday. Every product they have has a big amount of the calories. I haven't been at McDonalds like a month, but I might go there tomorrow!

15. daleo717

daleo717Member

Threads:
    Yes I do think Macdonald's is going downhill. This has been happening for about 2-3 years now. The burgers are smaller, the fries are not as good, and the hamburger meat does not taste good. All of their ice milk products are smaller and now the McFlurry no longer comes with chocolate sauce. If you do not have a coupon you can pay $8 here in Canada for a burger, fries and a drink. I would rather go out for Japanese food. You can have a nice meal here in Vancouver, BC for $8 at a local Japanese restaurant. It comes with Miso soup, tea and you are waited on like a king. So yes I am sick of MacDonald's bad food and bad service.

16. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's when you know the food is bad for you. As much as I (and probably many others) am disgusted by mold, I know it is a necessary thing.

I used to like their nuggets and their pies. They were really good especially the apple pies. I wouldn't eat anyone else's apple pies but the last time I had the nuggets and the pies they were hard and state. As I've said before I think fast food is declining in general. However other than that I've always hated them. Everytime I'd go to one of the local McDonald's you can smell the bathroom throughout the whole restaurant. I couldn't stand it. Also one of the last times I had any of their foods, I had mad diarrhea. I know fast food isn't healthy and I'm not a health nut but I am convinced McDonald's is poison. I don't know how they are so popular that they have to be on pretty much every corner. I guess because they are cheap but I'd rather eat rice cakes and tofu than have to stomach their food anymore.

17. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    You start by asking if we think Mcdonalds is going down hill. Then you say that you haven't eaten there in a while and your last experience at one restaurant was not what you expected. Interesting.

Well, I don't know how anyone could say they are worse then other fast food restaurants. They are all similar. you get what you pay for. Low quality food. Those are restaurants for the lower class. Do people go to any fast food restaurant expecting good food? It's all garbage. Lower class foods are disgusting.

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mean generally I would agree with you. Is pizza considered fast food? There hasn't been one pizza chain I've come across that I didn't like. Also think about In N Out Burger and Jack in the Box. Those places make you wonder how they're so cheap. It's just too bad it's only in places like California.

19. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    So :D Lucky for me I'm in Oklahoma?

20. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think McDonalds is going down hill? I mean I haven't eaten there in like, 2 years, but the last time I went, their food seemed fine? I mean, if cheap, fast food. You can't expect it to be high quality stuff when you're getting it for that cheap!