I need to buy a new earphone!

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by wowtgp • Oct 30, 2014.

1. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I have just realized that I accidentally broke my earphone by sitting on it. It is completely destroyed with no way of fixing it. Now I am looking to bu an earphone. Which one do you think is the best?

2. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I strongly dislike when those kind of accidents happen. It's not even like earphones are inexpensively priced to begin with. Using a Galaxy S4 that came with Samsung earphones, I'd willingly say that you should get a pair of those. They're nice, sturdy and the sound quality that comes out is good.

3. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Really sucks when you break your earphones and need to suddenly buy a new one. There are earphones that are good that are cheap and others that are on the expensive size. The earphones that I bought were fairly cheap and work well for my needs. The ones I bought were the Panasonic RPHJE120R which are holding up fairly well.

4. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I love the earphones of Samsung and Nokia. I think they are some really good earphones which has very good sound clarity. As far as possible avoid the earphones of the Motorola company. They make good phones but not phone accessories.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I'm not very particular with earphones as I'm fairly satisfied with mine, here are a few of the models I recommend:
    - SoundMagic E10S (clear vocals and great bass; more refined sound and reduced harshness)
    - Sony MDR-EX650AP (they said it's one of the most impressive pair of earphones this year; with open sound stage and made from brass)
    - Shure SE425 (according to review, it produces a superb sound but a tad bit pricey; enclosures are detachable)

6. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using a pair of Razer earphones, they look really appealing and colorful, and have decent sound quality as well! However they are slightly on the pricey side.

7. tjmsrubegoldberg

tjmsrubegoldbergNew Member

Threads:
    I can second this recommendation. I have the Panasonic RPHJE120K, which I believe is the same set except black instead of red. The earphones are indeed quite cheap compared to similar earphones, but they seem to be very high quality and durable. I've had mine for a few years now, and despite the fact that I've been quite rough with them, they still work perfectly well. I've gone through about four other pairs of different earphones on other devices in that time. I can't speak for the audio quality as I'm not much of an audiophile, but they sound perfectly good to me.

8. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Senheisers. I can't recommend them enough. They're pretty cheap and the sound quality is superb. I once bought a pair for $50, I think they're CX300's or something and they're still perfectly fine even after 2 years of excessive and abusive use. But if you're on a tight budget they still have some models ranging from $10 - $15 which are still good.

9. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with beccagreen, Senheisers the way to go if you want cheap but good sounding earphones. But for a while I do buy a lot of A4 Tech earphones, they're pretty cheap, costs about $5 I guess but you have to be really careful with them but the overall design and sound quality is pretty okay for the price. But if you're really into sounds quality go for Senheiser.

10. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    You can try Philips. They're pretty cheap and readily available almost anywhere but you just have to be careful with them because they're not that durable, at least in my case they're not. Senheisers would be great also, it's far cheaper and the sound quality is golden but still it's more expensive than the others.