I Needed To Replace My Hummingbird Feeder

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Diane Lane • May 12, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I started a thread here:

about how to save money by making your own hummingbird nectar. I used that recipe and made a batch of nectar. I filled up my old hummingbird feeder that I'd taken into The House and soaked and rinsed, and took it out back to hang it. I saw some of the nectar leaking out, but thought I must have been holding the feeder wrong, so proceeded outside to the back porch with it, and hung it up. All of the nectar promptly leaked out.

I had to run some errands today, and Dollar Tree was one of my stops. I saw a few interesting gardening items there, and was happy to see that they also had hummingbird feeders. Their feeders are smaller than what I previously used, but that's o.k., because I don't get that many hummingbirds here. I just wanted to set up a feeder and see if I could attract some this year. If the feeder becomes established, I will add a larger one, but in the meantime, I didn't spend a lot of money on a feeder that might not attract hummingbirds. Dollar Tree saves the day again!