I phone 5s expensive much?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by RazKnows • Oct 26, 2013.

1. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    On my personal note, I completely find apple as a status symbol and an average working man couldn't afford this just for this sake of status. There is neither enhancement nor benefits with it in our lives. The price list of all the phones of apple are completely ridiculous. Sparing such high amount just for the sake of a mobile phone? Oh My God! I can't imagine thinking of it that a person could ever waste huge amount of money just and just for the brand name APPLE. Instead, we have better designs with the same and exact features like an apple phone in Samsung and Sony. I sometimes even find Sony a bit expensive and I always affix myself to Samsung. It has got a very better features and performance for a phone for its actual sense. 'Developing technology', yes I admit this but this technology can't always be in terms of price. There are still many average classes whose income is still not in a developing state and keeping aside an ample amount of money for a phone is not possible with many. So I find Samsung as a better brand to hang out with.

2. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    I fully agree with you, the whole apple range is about affordability and whether you have the money to show off. During my honours program we used to use Apple Mac, as My supervisor had a deal with them. One thing I will give to them, they really look classy and are sassy. The fact that the mac books came with their own antivirus system was really a plus. But other than those things, the system was not any better than the other programs, instead they were trying to make things complicated and difficult for you to get the hang of it. And also the fact that most programs were not compatible with it, made it a drag.

This is the same principle with their phones, my husband owns an iPhone 4, and personally I am glad I stuck to my Lumia 920. The phone for one there is nothing special about it, except that it has games that you will not find in other brands. But then if you are not a games person and you use the phone for more serious business like my self, you will find buying an iPhone is not so much different to buying a Nokia Lumia and Samsung Galaxy, in Fact these two are even better because they have bigger screens. Hence iPhones are really just about saying I have money nothing else.

3. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    You know what really bothers me more than there unreasonable prices? Some Apple customers actually sold their iPhone 4S so they could 'upgrade' to the iPhone 5C which has lower technical specs and actually lost some money in the process!

4. Damikoulas88

Damikoulas88New Member

Threads:
    I agree with you, but on my opinion apple totally worth the money! You can see shitty android mobile phone prices close to iphone 5s ones!

5. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I find it to be extremely overpriced as well! I used to be a big Apple fan and to a degree I still have a lot of respect for the brand. Of course I respect Steve Jobs and the legacy that he left behind also. However, I don't think that it is feasible to upgrade your iPhone or other Apple products yearly when the price is so high!

6. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Well yes Apple products are in general extremely overpriced. You don't really get what you pay for when it comes to most of their products. The only time I would buy an apple product is if I had plenty of money to spare, as you can't even really get it repaired without going to on of their "genius bars" and paying large sums of money for a simple repair.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, way too expensive! I don't understand why iPhones have gotten so expensive over the years. It has been a couple of versions since they launched iPhones with revolutionary technology, and yet there more and more expensive every year. And they are saying iPhone 6 will cost $100 more than the iPhone 5S! That is outrageous!

8. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    It's all about the image that Apple has succeeded in instilling on the consumers. In terms of functionality, iPhones are too overpriced for its features. If you have lots of money to waste and it makes you happy having an iPhone you can show off to the world, then buy. I've seen lots of working class consumers who are neck-deep in debt just to be able to pay for the monthly installments and postpaid phone plans for their latest iPhones. But it makes then happy (I think). For the price of 1 iphone 5S, I can buy 4 good Android phones that can perform excellent functions for my mobile needs. I'm happy with that.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do get tired of the upgrades too. It takes such a short time for your phone to be outdated. Plus I haven't broken any of my devices yet (knock on wood) but it seems like it's not very durable especially the screen. Apps can crash so easily too but that may be partly the fault of the developer of each one.
    Still, I'd take it over an Android anyday. I'm fine with the Android tablet that I have but that's a tablet. I don't know much about the phones but it seems like from what I've seen they're nothing special. If you use your phone to talk mostly then it's fine but I'm not that kind of person.

10. epiczail

epiczailBanned

Threads:
    I started out with Android and made the change after my Galaxy just didn't get the job done. I've had the 4S and haven't felt like I was too far behind because the iPhone's have such good quality. I am going to buy the iPhone 6 whether it is the same or $100 more.

11. LivetoErr

LivetoErrNew Member

Threads:
    I had an iPhone 4 and then upgraded to the 5s. It was worth every penny, especially since I just sold my iPhone 4 for $200.

I can't stand Androids. I had one for a short period of time and my boyfriend had one. He just switched to an iPhone 5s today and I'm positive he will like it better. Google Play doesn't compare to the App Store.

While I don't need the phone it's a want I'm willing to pay the money for. I barely use my computer anymore.

12. Shiditios

ShiditiosNew Member

Threads:
    If you like Apple so much, just get an older model that is compatible with the newer firmwares available. The new Iphones don't really have that many big differences to them anyway except maybe a larger screen. But if you really have the money to spend then just get an Iphone 5. Only if it really means that much to you though...

13. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    The iPhones 5S is expensive but it is worth. All those people caught up on samsung phones saying apple sucks are dead wrong. I have never had issues with my phone and I would much prefer it over the giant samsung notes.

The price isnt too bad. Its typical now a days for a top of the line smart phone to priced $500-$800.

14. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    When I saw the price of the iPhone 5s, my jaw hit the floor. I was shocked to say the least that this was even an option for people. I can't it within myself to spend that sort of money on a cellphone. I am happy with my "basic" iPhone 5 that I scored a deal on and I don't think I'll be budging any time soon.

15. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think the price is all too high, everything is expensive these days and I think most smartphones are rather expensive if you don't buy it with the promotional price. Simply speaking I think the price of iPhones are what they are is because Apple can charge this much and people will buy them. Prices won't go down until Apple sees sales decline.

16. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    The thing is, though, that people keep paying for Apple products, year, after year, after year. As long as Apple sees that people will buy their products; sees them literally wait in line for days just to get the newest model, then we will continue to see price increases over time. If you want to see prices decrease, then vote with your wallet and buy other phones. The Apple price increases are untenable, so eventually they should fall. In the short term, though, at least be happy that you're not buying any of these:

17. Aprax

ApraxMember

Threads:
    There hasn't really been much innovation since the iPhone 3/4. The iPhone 5 series was a blatant cash grab, the additional hardware and performance didn't warrant a whole new phone launch in my opinion.

18. brandon0818x

brandon0818xNew Member

Threads:
    I agree that the iPhone 5S is a little too expensive and I don't think it's worth the cost at all. To many, the Touch ID is just more of a trinket and a party trick than a real reason to pay $2000 extra dollars. iPhone 5S is faster and has a better chip, which would be the only reason I would buy it, but it is not worth the extra cost! I have a jailbroken iPhone 5, and it can do nearly as much as the iPhone 5S and much, much more. The iPhone 5 was huge in that the screen got bigger. Even better, I never upgraded until I was able to take advantage of deals at Best Buy and get one for free!

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I also agree with you, that's why I "snub" every Apple product that the company releases, because it is grossly overpriced. I only consider buying Apple products when they are 2nd hand already, because over here I can get a complete set for less than a $100 for a 3G version. My budget in buying brand new cellphones do not exceed $130. If I want something more sophisticated, then I buy 2nd hand ones.

20. moorecoby

moorecobyNew Member

Threads:
    every year apple products increase in value as new models go on the market. its just their trademark, apple is not known for cheap products.